Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I learned Nick Raganit did not survive the Boise to Idaho City MTB Tour. I was sadden to hear of Nick's death.

According to the report given at the end of the tour today the tragedy occurred yesterday on day one of the tour after lunch. The Idaho City Volunteer Ambulance staff and the medical technicians who life flighted him out tried all they could to revive him. He was on a flat section of the route when a report came that a rider had collapsed on the road.

Nick was an avid contributor to the cycling community. Unselfish in sharing his time and knowledge he will surely be missed. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Nick made a difference. He often contributed to the cycling community by sharing his favorite riding experiences with new friends showing others where he liked to ride. Cycle Idaho and the community morn this loss. He will be missed.

Harley Parson

·
just a man
1,860 Posts
CBro and Nick's brother just called me. I am really crushed by this news - Nick was a very young man and a good guy. He will be extremely missed. Please let us know when a memorial service is scheduled - my family would like to be there for Nick's family.

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
I'm still in shock.

I got a call from his brother earlier tonight. We'll all greatly miss him, grieve his passing, and we'll be praying for his family to deal with this.

Just Friday we spent over half an hour trying to coordinate schedules and campsites up at Stanley Lake later in July.

I'd like to host or at least help with a wake or celebration of life in a few days, and will post the time and place here.

Man. If anybody wants to come by and swap their Nick stories and toast our fallen friend after the Barney Rides on Tues or Thursday, at CB Park, please stop by. We usually end up about on Tues about 8pm and Thurs will be more like 9.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Man, I hope his family is doing alright. Like CBro, I am in shock by all this.

·
aaarrrggghh!
631 Posts
R.I.P. Nick

Wow, what horrible news. I will miss Nick's posts, both relevant and not so much. I typically give the board a good once over daily and I feel like I lost a friend. R.I.P. Nick, may you forever ride happier trails.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
I just chatted with Nick earlier this week when I saw him at Custom Cycles. As usual, it was good to see him and he was his usual happy self talking bikes and riding. Our local cycling community will be less colorful without our BelaySlave.
If anyone has any details regarding services for Nick and his family, please post it here so we can attend. This is devastating and feels unreal...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've never (knowingly) met most of you from this forum. I know that I spoke to Nick once on the trails, but never formally met him. I always looked forward to meeting him, though. I never knew Nick beyond the banter of this board, but I'm crushed and saddened by this news and feel that I lost a good friend. I can tell that those of you who know him well just lost a wonderful friend. I'm truly sorry for the loss.

HH

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wow... I am at a loss for words. This is unbelievable. Rode with Nick a couple of times at Tam. What a great guy. He will be missed.

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
One of my favorite shots.. [sniff]

Nick and Terry...

Attachments

·
roar
300 Posts
I noticed the original post just minutes after it was posted- before there were any replies and I had to keep re-reading it. It was too much and it is still sinking in. There really are no words that can describe the loss to Nick's family and community. He had a big impact on our local cycling community and we will miss him alot. My first thought was for Nick's mother. My heart really is broken for her. I hope Nick's friends can give his family the support they need right now the way Nick gave when he was with us. He was always enthusiastic and ready to jump in and lend a hand. I'm sure everyone has a Nick story- silly or serious. It will be good to get together with his cycling friends and share those stories.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
this is really sad news... I only know Nick through the Yeti forum and he always seemed an awesome person... I wish all the support to his family and friends.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,164 Posts
Just chiming in from the Yeti forums. I never met Nick but I am greatly saddened that he has passed away. I guess we never know our time but its so sad to hear. Personally, it serves as a reminder to try to live each day as though it could be your last. I will say a prayer for Nick before my next ride. Godspeed Nick.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I just wanted to post to pass on my prayers and thoughts to his family and friends. I'm a rider who never knew Nick, except from his contributions in the Yeti forum.

Godspeed, Nick. Wishing you well in your next life.....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hearing about deaths, I always think it only happens to the other guy, an unknown soldier out on the trails. When it happens to someone I know, I have to do a double-take. It makes the hours I spend in front of a computer seem even more meaningless.

Here's to you Nick. I raise a jar of Mrs Renfro's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't know any of you...

but through Nick I felt like I did. He told me about all of you and I was looking forward to a trip to Boise in September, and meeting many of you on the trails.

I'm Melody, his girlfriend from Atlanta. I'm sure many of you have already spoken with his mom and brother, but I'll be sure to post the arrangement information as soon as I hear, if noone else has.

Nick loved to ride more than just about anything. The only consolation I take from all this is that he died doing something he loved to do. That in itself is a fitting tribute.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This is very sad news. I too only knew him through the Yeti forum, but he was always willing to give good advice and chat a bit. Condolences to his family and friends.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts