Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Watchu got in the garage ?

Clobber said:
Just curious what are some higher-end geared bikes that have been converted to SS? Glad you did it? What was your SS build?
I converted an old Klein Rascal as my first SS. My next bike was a Lynskey TI SS built from the frame up extra light to climb with. How bout a nice 2011 specialized carbon SS frame to start with and maybe some ztr wheels with dt swiss 240 ss centerlock hubs and.......u get the picture.

·
meh... whatever
5,306 Posts
ancient rascal said:
My next bike was a Lynskey TI SS built from the frame up extra light to climb with. How bout a nice 2011 specialized carbon SS frame to start with and maybe some ztr wheels with dt swiss 240 ss centerlock hubs and.......u get the picture.
how does starting with a dedicated ss frame equate to converting a geared bike? :confused:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I converted a 2004 GF Tassajara. It turned out very well. I also went all rigid and it climbs like a goat. I love passing up the high-end geared bikes on the hills. I just wave as I pass the fat guys huffing-and-puffing up the hills.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It might not be high end. 2008 Mamasita with a White Industries eno eccentric hub. I absolutely love it. I would definitely use both again.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Just finished but not ridden yet:

Build is a Wheelsmith SSK-1 spacer kit, Niner 19T cog, 32T Hellore Ti ring and a modified Rollenlager.

Glad I did it: Yes, it looks so much cleaner with no gears. Once the weather inproves I'll see if it rides as nice as it looks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.