Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to find a nice lookin top cap for the stem/steerer? I remember comming across some novalty caps years ago but I can't find anything similar now.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Hudnut said:
does anyone know where to find a nice lookin top cap for the stem/steerer? I remember comming across some novalty caps years ago but I can't find anything similar now.
coolest topcap is from ninerbikes.....any beer cap will work with it

·
Registered
244 Posts
oddestfellow said:
Cool! I just ordered a cap with my daughter's first and middle names and her date of birth on it! :D
I got my cap from purlycustom.com. It's pretty nice - not exactly what I'd thought it would be, but it's OK. I ordered the ultra lite one and it is definately ultra-lite; to the point where I would be afraid to use it for pre-load out of fear of bending it. I'll just have to use my old one to set my new fork into place and then once the stem is tightened on there, I'll slap this one on for show. The only other complaint I had with it was that I wanted her date of birth to all be on one line (November 4, 2005) but they put November 4 on one line and then 2005 below it. Not a huge deal, but it looks a little weird. I looked at the sample one on their webpage and they had text with more letters than that date on one line, so I thought they'd be able to do it. Anyway, this should tide me over until my friend finishes designing my tattoo with her initials in it.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Hudnut said:
Check the Avatar. :)

Got 'em lazered by a club member in Indy, with parts coming from Fast Freddy and Purely Custom (and LBS for basic black and silver too).

Turned out pretty cool. Purely custom could do 'em, but they would have run about $20 a pop because of setup and artwork fees.

JmZ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts