Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering putting down $ on a nice fork but wondered about my options...

Pace has a really nice carbon fork..
And Sibex has a sweet Ti fork..

Any other nice Ti rigid forks out there?
Or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't know for sure either way. Spicers are made in China by XACD. According to Sibex's site, thier tubing is sourced from an unspecified Russian company. I couldn't find info about where they are welded, though it seems to be commonly assumed that they are welded in Russia too. Maybe they are both welded by XACD.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nashbar has one nice looking fork. Tapered and straight. No logos. Way better looking than any other straight fork on the market. It probably doesn't fit your bill though since it isn't a very expensive fork. And sounds like you want to spend alot of money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dean Ti fork

Just built up a Dean Colonel SS with the ti fork which I believe is a Blacksheep w Dean logo. It has minimal welding (only two welds up top--no fancy crown) so I think it may be harder to break than some of the others. Its flexy but not bad flexy and I am digging it. Its kinda like having a little suspension action out front down the hills, but when you stand up and hammer on it does not feel like it flexes. I'm 205lbs and I would recommend it if you want something with a little give---the old bike with aluminum was beating me up.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Padre said:
Nice + Rigid = oxymoron
Ha ha ha, Nice + Rigid = Black Sheep?? I second the Black Sheep Ti fork and the many logos it can hold, good stuff James is doing!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.