Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not much snow/ice remaining after the recent rain and warmer temps here in CT. This bums me out big time because, thanks to your posts as well as other's, I was motivated to make my first set of Studs and get out on the ice (see post and pics from a day ago) - Ride was great.

Now I need two things:

1) a second set of wheels so I can interchange tires more easily.
2) a new chainstay - yes it cracked again - second time in three years for me. I know other's who completely gave up on the Jamis XLT due to the chainstay problems - I still love the way the bike rides. Maybe I need to convice wifey that it's time for a new mount - Ah but all the choices :)

keep posting the pics...

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to see you're back at it...

GCM said:
Now I need two things:

1) a second set of wheels so I can interchange tires more easily.
2) a new chainstay - yes it cracked again - second time in three years for me. I know other's who completely gave up on the Jamis XLT due to the chainstay problems - I still love the way the bike rides. Maybe I need to convice wifey that it's time for a new mount - Ah but all the choices :)

keep posting the pics...
Wow, I can't believe you broke 2 in that short period of time. I'd say its time to look for something stronger.

I agree on the second set of wheels, last night I moved the studded tires from my HT to my FS, now I'll probably have to move them back, since this weekend's ride will likely be somewhere south (i.e. clear).

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts