Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
My bro-in-law doesn't get to take too many action shots, but he brings his Canon EOS 1D to the jumps sometimes. He usually just has his 5D for more everyday stuff. And he's always selling a lot of new camera/computer stuff on eBay.

·
Rollin' the dice
109 Posts
My mom has a canon powershot that I use occasionally, and my dad's got a larger, bulkier cmaera that can zoom in like no other. Both work fairly well, but as I'm not really a photo guru I couldn't notice if anything could work better than what I've got. I just use what I have.

·
eminence front
367 Posts
When I want really good shots I use my Nikon FE2 and for most stuff I have a P&S Canon A610.

The Nikon FE2 is a fairly old SLR, not digital, but takes good pictures and I have a selection of good lenses for it. I enjoy the fully-manual (no auto-anything on this baby) settings.

PS: A few friends of mine have DSLR's, one with a Canon EOS 20D. Fisheye lenses make for some interesting shots, regardless of whats in the picture. I just don't have the passion they have for photography, just as they don't have the passion I have for bikes.

The Canon takes fairly decent pictures when I use it fully manual and set the white balance, but you can never get a high quality shot with any P&S camera. Gotta go DSLR for that, but I don't have the money.

For now I stick with the Nikon for big high quality shots... I just wish they were digital.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nikon D50 at the moment. I shoot in RAW format because it is always easier to scale down the image but not vice versa. It fits really nicely in my hand and has nice weight to it as well. If you have experience with photography I would recommend going with a SLR.

Just my $ 0.02!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.