Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,155 Posts
2002 XTR Crankset
Mavic 317 x 26” disc front wheel with WTB hub.
WTB wheel x 26” rear disc XT hub.
Two sets of Panaracer yellow wall 26” 180 tires.
New narrow Easton carbon bars.
Front XT derailleur.
WTB saddle.
Crank Brothers Joplin remote Dropper.
Syncros stem.
Syncros seat post.
XTR 9- speed cassette.
XT 9-speed rapid fire shifters.
Hope Gothic Rotor.
2002 Nite Rider light system brand new.
New NOS [new old stock] 2002 Intense UZZI / SL frame with Fox RC Coil shock size medium frame, I think that’s it.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
If you have been riding long enough you have a bin of nice stuff that isn't useful any more. I have a rather large bin!
Here are my top 3.

1. Mavic R-stystem tubular rear wheel, rim brakes. Originally this was a CX race wheel, at the time one of the best wheels you could get. Could not give it away now.

2. Fox icd rear shocks. Anybody remember the fox suspension that integrated into Di2. Electronicly adjustable suspension that worked from a switch on the bars. It worked incredibly well but was super expensive. Only ever saw it on sponsored racers bikes. I have two of these rear shocks.

3. Shimano carbon tubular disk wheels, quick release. You just don't find quick release with disk anymore.
My 26" custom steel hardtail and all the parts on it. I can ride it but I seldom, if ever, do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002 XTR Crankset
Mavic 317 x 26” disc front wheel with WTB hub.
WTB wheel x 26” rear disc XT hub.
Two sets of Panaracer yellow wall 26” 180 tires.
New narrow Easton carbon bars.
Front XT derailleur.
WTB saddle.
Crank Brothers Joplin remote Dropper.
Syncros stem.
Syncros seat post.
XTR 9- speed cassette.
XT 9-speed rapid fire shifters.
Hope Gothic Rotor.
2002 Nite Rider light system brand new.
New NOS [new old stock] 2002 Intense UZZI / SL frame with Fox RC Coil shock size medium frame, I think that’s it.
I have all this for sale.
Mavic 317 x 26” disc front wheel
XTR 9- speed cassette
Front XT derailleur
Syncros seat post
2002 XTR Crankset

·
36,155 Posts
I have all this for sale.
Mavic 317 x 26” disc front wheel
XTR 9- speed cassette
Front XT derailleur
Syncros seat post
2002 XTR Crankset
Were you in my garage recently?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Really light 26er rim-brake XC wheels would have worked great on my kid's 650c road bike. I even have light 26" road tires.

Wish I had kept those wheels back in the day. Although some of them were bent.

·
Cycologist
6,974 Posts

Reactions: p0is0n0ak

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Hello, my name is Fleas, and I have a problem.
View attachment 1910245

This thread made me really look. I gotta throw some stuff in the bin! ...'cause most of it is NOT nice parts.
Set of 29er Dual Duty wheels without a bike.
Unlaced Velocity Blunt 29er.
2 Thomson stems (1" clamp): 120mm and 110mm.
American Classic thru-axle conversions and bolt-on skewers.
Pair of Hope 160mm floating rotors.
44T purple Rock Ring (new!)
Pair of Stans rim strips (actual garbage).
26er rear wheel with blown drive ring. Never found the right fix.
36H rim brake front wheel from Cannondale MT1000.
Shimano 11-32 9spd cassette new in box.
Plus the parts to maintain the tandem, 8/9/10 spd drive trains; 26, 27.5, 29, 29+, and fat wheels and tires...
Make me an offer on anything in the picture.

-F
How much for what is left of that 15 PK of Centennial IPA?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
the half breed devil
Santa Cruz 5010 v.3, rigid single speed karate monkey
4,218 Posts
Pretty sure I have a pair of Elixirs around someplace.
heh. got those on my hardtail i don't ride anymore--in fluorescent yellow...they're mismatched, though because the shop broke the other one and they gave me a grey one to replace it.

i have a nine speed XTR rear derailleur, a 27.2 thomson seatpost, an old school XT front hub, XT and STX-RC front shifters, a ridiculously long control tech stem and a lot of other stuff that's not so nice.

·
36,155 Posts
Your garage?
So out of all the garbage posted in this thread you find it necessary to talk garbage about my garbage, hmmm...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Some of the stuff listed here, there are people who will pay good money for! Syncros stem? XTR derailleur, 1st gen? 1st gen XTR cranks are beautiful too.

·
One ring to mash them all
1,974 Posts
U-brake and 3-ring Biopace crank set, still attached to a 1988 Stumpy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Incredible how much good stuff is out here. (But this is coming from someone who still has QR on a bike I ride ~2k mi / year on). I used the COVID surge to sell off a LOT of parts bins stuff. Things that I thought would NEVER see the light of day again fetched me about $1,700 on craigslist. Some hightlights include:

-Cdale Prophet frame for $500
-Older than dinosaurs WTB 26" Wheelset w/ shimano hubs (QR- of course) $200
- 2012 RaceFace 27.5 wheels $400 (again, QR)
-Old XO Avid brakes $200
-drivetrains (2x9/3x10) ~$300
-Stems/seatposts/bars/saddles (~$200)

To be fair, I sold all of this in March. I knew what was coming down the pipeline in the US wrt to covid and lockdowns. So I listed everything and struck when the iron was hot so to say. Sold all of the above in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Seeing people listing 9-speed and QR hubs is a bit of a gut punch.... I still ride those things. :D

I was mostly visualizing 7-speed, cantilever brakes, and 1" forks...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
From a first generation Priority Classic, I have a "C-Drive" belt and cogs, for 4x104 crank and Shimano gear hub. This would go on any belt drive frame but needs a very specific chain stay length because there is only one drive belt size. Priority sent me a Gates setup to install and test and I've since sold the bike with that on it, leaving behind the original. I can't find the C-Drive website any more, it never took much from Gates in the OEM market and definitely nothing in the aftermarket. It's compatible with the cheaper OEM Gates belt system but not the center drive at all, so maybe it could be made to work.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts