Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
No, it's a Rockshox model from '98 apparently.
Very cool. Rockshox bought the design from Amp right around then. I believe that they modified the internals a bit and added the larger cooling fins. I had the Amp version. It was finicky and never quite gave me the braking power that I had hoped for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Two CODA cranks that came on Cannondale MTBs. The crank and arm were each CNC'd from a single piece of aluminum.

On the newer side, I have a barely used cx Whisky Fork, disk and QR dropout.

I also have a few 26 inch tires (new or almost new), and I hear those are valuable goods these days.

For road bikes -

A Mavic MA40 rim, never laced up. 36H and 27 inch!

A brand new roll of Benotto handlebar tape. The slickest tape with no cushion.

On the real old and hard to find, an 11T Suntour cog and the 12T cog it needs to thread on to for their Winner freewheels. 11T was almost unheard of 35 years ago.

·
Professional Crastinator
5,956 Posts
Hello, my name is Fleas, and I have a problem.

This thread made me really look. I gotta throw some stuff in the bin! ...'cause most of it is NOT nice parts.
Set of 29er Dual Duty wheels without a bike.
Unlaced Velocity Blunt 29er.
2 Thomson stems (1" clamp): 120mm and 110mm.
American Classic thru-axle conversions and bolt-on skewers.
Pair of Hope 160mm floating rotors.
44T purple Rock Ring (new!)
Pair of Stans rim strips (actual garbage).
26er rear wheel with blown drive ring. Never found the right fix.
36H rim brake front wheel from Cannondale MT1000.
Shimano 11-32 9spd cassette new in box.
Plus the parts to maintain the tandem, 8/9/10 spd drive trains; 26, 27.5, 29, 29+, and fat wheels and tires...
Make me an offer on anything in the picture. 😆

-F

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
I just took a peak into my unused bin in the garage. Good memories. Highlights for me include:

The gorgeous Magura Gustav brake adaptors (floating calipers).

The brutally powerful Magura Gustav brake set - complete with 200mm rotors

Spare brake pads for Magura Gustavs - these pads are bigger than on some road legal vehicles.

Thomson stems (90mm plus and bars <31.8)

Easton monkey light bars - narrow and thin

Thomson masterpiece seatpost

Shimano xtr SPD pedals. These are maybe a decade old, I think I used then three times (was getting back into clipless) but they ended in that bin somehow.

Core rat stanchion guards for marzocchi super t fork.

Titanium spring for a 5th element shock.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I don't know how many spare parts I have. I keep building up bikes to use parts, forks especially.
I need a home for these

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just the other month i came across my Bullseye cranks for my Monster Fat. Cool cranks, garbage bearings to fit the pressfit.
I need to find where my Ti 1” headset spanner went, its not completely useless as it has a cap lifter in it.
There’s a WTB greaseguard rear freewheel hub somewhere.
Ringle Ti skewers. Actually those are kinda garbage, the Salsas that came shortly after are wY better.

·
dirtbag
1,507 Posts
Man, y'all got some nice stuff and should get to selling the stuff to vintage bike dudes looking for the parts you have on hand.

I have a big box in my garage with stuff but I was amazed that I could buy a Rockshox Judy for with a straight steerer, 9mm QR axle and 80mm travel. I put it on my steel GT singlespeed which I still ride. A great winter bike.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hello, my name is Fleas, and I have a problem.
View attachment 1910245

This thread made me really look. I gotta throw some stuff in the bin! ...'cause most of it is NOT nice parts.
Unlaced Velocity Blunt 29er.
American Classic thru-axle conversions and bolt-on skewers.
26er rear wheel with blown drive ring. Never found the right fix.
I'm interested in these things. PM'ing you

61 - 80 of 135 Posts