Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have been riding long enough you have a bin of nice stuff that isn't useful any more. I have a rather large bin!
Here are my top 3.

1. Mavic R-stystem tubular rear wheel, rim brakes. Originally this was a CX race wheel, at the time one of the best wheels you could get. Could not give it away now.

2. Fox icd rear shocks. Anybody remember the fox suspension that integrated into Di2. Electronicly adjustable suspension that worked from a switch on the bars. It worked incredibly well but was super expensive. Only ever saw it on sponsored racers bikes. I have two of these rear shocks.

3. Shimano carbon tubular disk wheels, quick release. You just don't find quick release with disk anymore.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
A brand new, never used, crown steerer for a Rock Shox Judy (26er), with old school pinch bolts for replacement stanchions.

·
Formerly of Kent
12,059 Posts
A set of DT Swiss XRC 1200T tubular MTB rims built on 240s.

Another set of 30mm wide tubular rims.

An 80mm SID Brain QR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A set of DT Swiss XRC 1200T tubular MTB rims built on 240s.

Another set of 30mm wide tubular rims.

An 80mm SID Brain QR.

Oh man, you went all in on the tubular MTB tire thing. I dabbled in that route too, but was fortunate enough to be able to test before investing coin.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Boost or non?

Non-boost, was gonna be for a gravel build that never happened.

I also still have, and my son still uses, a Specialized SJ with Shimano dual-control shifters, I know a lot of people hated them but they always worked fine for me.

·
Formerly of Kent
12,059 Posts
Oh man, you went all in on the tubular MTB tire thing. I dabbled in that route too, but was fortunate enough to be able to test before investing coin.
I was deployed to AFG when I bought them. Making a princely sum, tax free, with no expenses other than a morning energy drink to get the ol’ crocodile heart ticking.

Bike shopping was my stress reliever. Other than riding a stationary bike in a tiny clamshell tent at night.

·
Registered
14 Posts
142 carbon mtb wheels. Some old aero road wheels that were used literally twice...
Tools, old shocks, non boost crank sets. 10speed sram stuff..

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,771 Posts
a whole pile of 540mm wide 24.5 bars... an 135mmm stems to fit
Seems like every bike shop has a graveyard of ~130-150mm stems that will never be sold.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
A bunch of stuff that I had given up for dead in the basement found new life on my kids bikes.... two 7700 cassettes. XTR V-brakes.

But yeah, most of it is just shiny garbage I can't stand to throw out....yet.

·
Combat Wombat
1,573 Posts
I have an Easton 680mm carbon bar that I bought on sale, figuring that I would use it on my next bike. The box has never been opened.

I have a Gorilla headset lock for a 1.5" threaded steerer still in the package, unopened.

RaceFace Turbine 5-bolt crankset for the ISIS BB.

Several WTB Laserdisc rims I picked up cheap.

Brand new complete rear Shimano XT M775 disc brake that I picked up cheap, thinking it would be a good spare at the time.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts