Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The One Hitter

This was built of Columbus Zona and Life tubing, custom designed for an LBS mechanic. He picked the colors and graphics, the paint was by Spectrum Powderworks.

High Ti Cycles steel frame, 4.03 lbs.
FSA K-force cranks/BB, 34t, with clear FSA chainguard
Chris King pink hubs & headset
DT Swiss rims & spokes
Thompson seatpost & stem
Hayes El Camino brakes
Easton carbon bars

The color is actually a deep purple. Spectrum matched a sample of nail polish the mechanic provided. We specialize in titanium, but we can be convinced to do steel also. Currently in the works is a newsboy-style 29er singlespeed with EBB.

Here's a pic on his roof rack:

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Love to see a pic...

of that EBB 29er a la Newsboy. By the way, the Panama...gorgeous. Damn, I do love the curved tubes! Great work and very cool site.
HighGuy said:
This was built of Columbus Zona and Life tubing, custom designed for an LBS mechanic. He picked the colors and graphics, the paint was by Spectrum Powderworks.

High Ti Cycles steel frame, 4.03 lbs.
FSA K-force cranks/BB, 34t, with clear FSA chainguard
Chris King pink hubs & headset
DT Swiss rims & spokes
Thompson seatpost & stem
Hayes El Camino brakes
Easton carbon bars

The color is actually a deep purple. Spectrum matched a sample of nail polish the mechanic provided. We specialize in titanium, but we can be convinced to do steel also. Currently in the works is a newsboy-style 29er singlespeed with EBB.

Here's a pic on his roof rack:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mowee Wowee

Here's a pic of what the bike should look like. I hope to have this rolling shortly, and am planning a 26er version also. The prototype will have cable guides and a hanger so it can be set up geared, but every other one we make will be to the customer's spec. Hopefully this bike will debut at the Fruita Fat Tire fest.

The build list for the Mowee Wowee is:
King Hubs & headset
DT Swiss 29er rims
FSA K-force cranks, 34t w/ chainguard
FSA K-force carbon riser bar
FSA OS140 stem
Paul Love levers
Pedros Bobke grips
Thompson seatpost
White Bros 100mm fork

Thanks for the feedback on the Panama Red. I ride that on the Snowmass NORBA course about once a week. There is a small group of 'crossers I ride with, and we think the Cross Mountain trail should be renamed the Cyclocross Mountain Trail. Even with discs, it comes in at 19.8lbs with road tires. It's sweet on pavement, too: I've had it up to 53mph coming off Loveland Pass, and it's very stable.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seatpost clamp...

...would be sitting on the bike owner's workbench. When I asked about it this morning, he got that sort of funny look on his face that told me he was up late working and had not finished the checklist before heading out. I suspect his first ride was an out-of-saddle experience.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Whoa!

Wow. Well, might as well start saving up now and figuring out how I'm going to explain to my wife the NEED for another Ti cruiser. That bike is going to be awesome. I also saw a decked-out Panama on the Crosser's board on MTB's sister site. Nice work.
HighGuy said:
Here's a pic of what the bike should look like. I hope to have this rolling shortly, and am planning a 26er version also. The prototype will have cable guides and a hanger so it can be set up geared, but every other one we make will be to the customer's spec. Hopefully this bike will debut at the Fruita Fat Tire fest.

The build list for the Mowee Wowee is:
King Hubs & headset
DT Swiss 29er rims
FSA K-force cranks, 34t w/ chainguard
FSA K-force carbon riser bar
FSA OS140 stem
Paul Love levers
Pedros Bobke grips
Thompson seatpost
White Bros 100mm fork

Thanks for the feedback on the Panama Red. I ride that on the Snowmass NORBA course about once a week. There is a small group of 'crossers I ride with, and we think the Cross Mountain trail should be renamed the Cyclocross Mountain Trail. Even with discs, it comes in at 19.8lbs with road tires. It's sweet on pavement, too: I've had it up to 53mph coming off Loveland Pass, and it's very stable.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.