Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I saw a post asking how best to mount a flashlight (torch if you like) to your handlebars. I came across this little gem at Performance Bike. It's a cheap headlight/tail light combo but the bar clamp works really well. I just cut channels in the top piece for HD tie wraps. There is Velcro between the body of the flashlight and the mount to keep the light straight and to keep it from rotating. It would not fit on 31.8 bars unless you moved it outside the bulge.

The lights are TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-W

Ther mount is from a Planet Bike 1200 Light Set

https://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1030644_-1_1503000_20000_1503004

Here is a side view. The mount pops open when the cam is released. There are nice little rubber pads in the mount to protect the handlebars.

Here are a couple top views. I like being able to mount them below the bar and of course no wires:D

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
rideandshoot said:
Actually the rubber spacers are snapped into the mount. It would be difficult to remove them. Of course this also means that they never fall out:)
Yes, but if you want to use them on a 31.8, you just remove those spacers. Most of the newer mounts work that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.