Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I went riding with my mtn bike club at the Clemson University Research Forest trails (a true hidden gem of mountain bike trails). About 15 miles or so in, I am doing about 20mph or so down a really nice downhill with roots and some rocks. I didnt' pay enough attention to the small cluster of branches and vines on the side of the trail, which were left over from some trail maintenance. Well one of the vines snags my right pedal at that speed and fish-tails me out to the left and spins the bike and me around, and launches me off the bike a good 10 feet if not more. I landed on my back and on my left side. Thankfully no serious injuries but my pride lol. Just some cuts and bruises and a nice raspberry I found on my lower back once the mud was removed.

Here's a pic of the after effects after I gathered myself.

definately one of the bigger spills I have taken, specially at that speed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Isn't there a downhill there called Collarbone Alley or something similar? Only ridden there once and I had a really bad cold so don't have a great memory of the trail.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no clue about the names. I know there is the waterfall loop, and the dam trail, but as for downhill names I have no idea.

I love riding there though, I hadn't been since last September I think. Lots of great riding and it's always dead. Go a few miles away from the parking lot and didn't see a single rider all day that wasn't in my group of course.

Gotta love that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts