Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried out a set of Fox Digit gloves that I saw on clearance at REI for $19.98 (regularly $27.99). They were okay but the lack of a terry thumb was a big negative and I returned them - not worth $20.

Then I stumbled across these Firm Grip gloves at Home Depot for only $9.99. They're comfortable and nicely made; lightly padded Clarino palm, reinforced thumb/index finger, padded knuckles, box fingers with lycra sides, heavy-weight spandex back, TERRY THUMB, machine washable. In a bike shop, these same gloves could easily be $30.

Okay, only in black and gray, they could be better looking but then a lot of bike gloves come in odd colors with funky patterns so at least these aren't weird-looking. For ten bucks - what's not to like? Seriously, next time you're in Home Depot (or K-Mart) try on a pair and see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
in a pinch i've used my autozone work gloves a few times, look similar to those and do the job pretty well for the price (like $12?). lots of good cheap options out there!

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
Been using the HD glove for the last 6 months, I think they work just fine.... They even have a pull on one with no vlelcro closing tab

·
Banned
1,139 Posts
ImaFred said:
Been using the HD glove for the last 6 months, I think they work just fine.... They even have a pull on one with no vlelcro closing tab
Same here. I've had mine for about 3 months and love them

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
These last about 3 times as long as anything from Fox. They make great winter gloves. The only drawback is there is no ventalation so you get stinky hands in the summer but you can wash them repeatedly without them falling apart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts