Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never ridden the park where the race is. Anybody with any usable intel? From what I've heard it's pretty flat and the few pictures I've found make it look less like singletrack and more like park paths. We won't be able to get up there to see it before the race so if you've been there speak up please.

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
I'm a bit confused with the map and the program, the distance/lap count on the program (11m/3 laps or 15m/4 laps) doesn't match if you follow the 5 mile loop (blue) so I'm wondering if they will be doing the beginner loop (green).

The program says 3.7 mile loop so my best guess is that they'll be doing the green (beginner) loop.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I bet that they just lop off a couple of short sections of the blue loop to bring it down to the specified distance. From the few pictures I've found the beginner loop seems to be mostly double track/dirt road and the course description, such as it is, says fast and flowy. Would be nice if one of the HRRT guys would pop in here and give us the scoop.

·
Registered
841 Posts
They will be doing the loop with the exception of 'shark fin' and 'the far side'. The trails on the map are mostly single-track. The beginner loop is a bit wider, but not as wide as double-track. The start will be across the road. The trails are extremely tight and twisty (especially the blue ones). There are no long climbs, but there are some shorter, punchy climbs. There are some logs and some skinnies, very few rocks. This is a fun course that doesn't give you a break. The section of the course that will be on the other side of the road will be double-track and have passing opportunities. It will also be one of the better places to hydrate. I use a camelbak on this course because there are so few places to grab your water bottle. Here are links to photos: 2012 HRRT Christmas Madness Race Photo Gallery by j_harvey at pbase.com HRRT 2012 Thanksgiving Race Photo Gallery by j_harvey at pbase.com 2011 HRRT Giving Thanks Race Photo Gallery by j_harvey at pbase.com
The skinny bridge over the river and the skinnies where everyone endo-d will not be in this race.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Does it get slimy when wet? I'm trying to figure out what tires to put on my daughters bike for tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts