1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the Fomba snow mobile trails today, on a 29er with studs , sucked
on a 26" with studs , doable, heavy workout maybe 1 star
on the Pugsley 5stars
even on heavily traveled snow mobile trails there is too much loose and its very dry and doesnt pack well. we took turns , the Pugsley just cruised along like a summer day

dont even think about singletrack unless its been packed down hard, the crust wont support you and it dry powder underneath

Yudicky has maybe 4 or 5 miles of singletrack rideable the development trails and about half of barbwire is pretty packed down plus the sand pits and fire roads have been heavily traveled by snow machines

anyone else have a Pugsley?

·
Stubby-legged
1,426 Posts
Pugs in Maine

We have been riding up here in Maine for a couple of weeks. The riding has been much like you describe. The snowmobilers have just started to groom/drag the trails. The snow has been "mealy" and difficult to ride with the 1xPugs. The Pugs just glides right along. The 1xPugs with the marge and Tomac in back digs in. Great work out, just like being on the trainer!
Lakes and ponds now have enough ice to scoot across. Riding is getting better and better.
Gotta love winter and Pugsleys.:D

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My pug has a sram dual drive on the rear
9 soeed plus internal 3 speed
instantly add or subtract 30% dont even have to be pedaling,
thats how it came, I had never seen one before, it works great

·
Stubby-legged
1,426 Posts
Happiness is

More Endo tracks in the driveway than vehicle tracks. We have been riding the Fatbikes more than driving the car lately. The snow and trails have been great.

I saw the one on E-bay and intend to call them up. I only need the frame, bottom bracket and rear rim. I intend to strip the StubPugs and return it to single speed duty once i find the frame and parts I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.