Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Land of the 230+
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been going on for a couple weeks now, but it's coming to a close in a few days. I haven't seen this come up, so I figured I'd post it up. Pretty good discounts on carbon rims and complete wheelsets, in addition to free shipping. I've used nextie rims in quite a few builds for myself, friends and family, and I've always been happy.

Deal expires at the end of July.

https://www.nextie.net/

Here's the savings:

1. FREE SHIPPING all over the world (by EMS);
2. Discount of $20-$150 additional off.
- a) $20 off for order amount over $300, use coupon code: 6YEARS20;
- b) $40 off for order amount over $500, use coupon code: 6YEARS40;
- c) $70 off for order amount over $800, use coupon code: 6YEARS70;
- d) $100 off for order amount over $1000, use coupon code: 6YEARS100;
- e) $150 off for order amount over $1500, use coupon code: 6YEARS150;
(Tip: How to apply coupon codes: https://www.nextie.net/apply-coupon-code)
3. One carbon bottle cage and tubeless kits (2pcs valve stems + 1pcs tubeless tape) free offered for orders of complete wheelset.

·
遅すぎ
431 Posts
I paid $275 for a pair of asymmetric nextie rims (NXT27WC38) off of eBay a year and a half ago. With the coupon, same is $340. Probably only worth while if you are doing a custom wheelset.

·
Land of the 230+
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $275 for a pair of asymmetric nextie rims (NXT27WC38) off of eBay a year and a half ago. With the coupon, same is $340. Probably only worth while if you are doing a custom wheelset.
Yes and no. You cant always find the size or hole count youre looking for on ebay. The nextie rims on ebay only come with a 1 year warranty. There have also been reports of minor blemishes on the ebay rims. A buddy of mine had some issues with the holes being drilled slightly off on a pair of ebay nexties, yet a set bought direct from the website were perfect. I purchased a pair of nexties off ebay back in 2016 and they were flawless, so YMMV.

·
Land of the 230+
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's plenty of other brands that are considerably cheaper. I tend to pay the extra money for Nextie or Light Bicycle since they have the longest solid track record, and being a clyde, I need to trust my chinese carbon.

If youre looking for dirt cheap wheels, I can see this deal not being particularly attractive. But if youre looking for Nexties specifically, its nice to save about $150 off their regular prices for a wheelset.

Otherwise you can check chinertown for some recommendations, or just roll the dice on ebay or aliexpress. A lot of people have been happy with their $600 no-name carbon wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.