Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding Nextie carbon rims? I have read lots about "light-bikes" carbon, but not a whole lot of pics/info on the Nextie rims. I just sent them an email regarding wider, hookless rims and got the following email. Definitely awaiting the release of these rims!

Hello Matt,

This is Brian Hsia from Nextie Bike. Thanks for the email.
Concerning wider version of 26" mtb rim, in fact hookless 40mm width verion is in our plan, which will also applied same manufacture process as our 35mm 27.5" and 29".
We hope to complete this product in two months. We will keep updated of any news on our website. Thank you very much for attention and stepping by if you have interests.

Please feel free to contact us if there's anything further we can assist you with. Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Brian from Nextie Bike

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have some of the 27.5 rims with the 35mm outer / 29mm inner width profile. So far, (less than 50 miles) I am very pleased with them. I hit something (I never went back to look so i'm not sure what) that was followed by a thud and a lot of hissing. The rim cut through the tire and there was a small hole next to the bead and a 1/2 inch long cut near the top of the side wall. The rims have no sign of impact. I'm not sure how much stronger the hookless version will be but these don't seem to be weak by any means.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.