Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Im 16, Im about to start a new job at REI and I dont have much money. I do have about 200 bucks cash right now. I have a '01 Stinky and my Z5 fork bottoms too easy. Should I get an IPOD, Creative Zen micro, get a new fork, or save the money? Also, I have lots of good music, but a broken MP3 player, a broken CD player, and a crappy clock radio.

Im really stuck right now. Thanks for the advice....

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
First, nix the idea of getting an iPod. Yea, yea, they're all great and stuff like that but are redicuously expensive--and you don't have the money to be forking out. I have a few friends who use the Creative mp3 players, and they're pretty happy with them. They may be a bit larger and not quite as flashy, but they get the job done.

Hmm, personally, this depends on how much you ride. Ride a lot, and upgrade the fork. Ride not as much, go with the Creative. Save? Only if you have bills to pay right now--take advantage of your young age and carefree spending!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah...

Actually, I was looking at the IPOD mini, which is the same price as the Creative. True, I do like the creative better, but most of my friends have IPOD minis(and all the accessories) and they all go "IPOD sharing", too bad im left out.

Unfortunately, I dont ride as much as I want to. I do alot more school and soon to be work. I have needed the fork for a long time, and have kinda abused it. Since its a Zoke, I might check out there exchange program, where I can exchange it for a DJ1 or 3. Is it worth it to do that? Can they be extended to 130mm travel?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump!

Ok, so i really want some opinions. I may seem argumentative or whatever, but im not trying to be. I pretty much decided that for now, I would rather have the music. Im hopefully going to Circut City tomorrow to talk to someone about both the Creative and the Ipod. Im still open to other opinions though. I did talk to a few friends with the latest (3rd?) generation Ipod mini and they all seem happy, and havent noticed any problems. I talked to a guy with a Zen micro and he also seems happy. Lemme know ur opinions!

By the way, I already searched the forums and I didnt get much help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Save $50 more...

and get a Sony PSP. This thing is so bad @ss. Plays games, music, pics, and videos that you can rip from dvd's yourself. You'll need to fork out another 70 bucks or so for the larger memory card but this setup is well worth it. I watch movies on this thing while on the trainer and it is so cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.