Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a sneak peek of my next project:

I'll update this thread when I finish this build. I plan on building this project myself. Hopefully, I won't screw up! Hehehehe.

Thanks for looking guys!

·
Registered
174 Posts
beeautiful

squirt (sorry i couldnt control myself). that is going to be a beautiful machine. please post pics for us mere mortals. hoping i will have one soon, just not quite that pretty.

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
WOW! I nearly was in tears...that was so beautiful, and I plan on that being my next build as well! The Orange and blue is going to look amazing!!!!

Are you really putting an e*thirteen bash on it? I haven't seen a TB w/ a bash..I assume its ano blue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Surfas / DCTiller / Moose07 / Dubdryver / Skully:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I actually had some doubts on this particular color combination when I was ordering my parts. This build was actually one of my most expensive - if not most wasteful - build because I had a backup plan for the color combination which made me have backup parts for the blue items. She looks good - at least IMO - now that bits and pieces are being put one by one.

@Dubdryver:

Yes I am installing an e13 Bash and Chain guard since I'll be running a 1x9 combination on the Tallboy. It's gonna be black though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally finished building her. It was my first time building a bike by myself. Very rewarding, if not tiring, experience. The Nokon cables were a b*%ch to install! Haven't been able to ride it out because of an ongoing storm here. Will ride it the first chance I get.

Here are some pics:

The parts/components that I used were:

Santa Cruz Tallboy
XTR Groupset
Fox Fork Talas Terralogic 29er Tapered Fork
Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes
Hope/Dt Swiss/CN Wheelset
Continental Mountain King 2.4 Tires
Crank Brothers 4 Joplin Seatpost
Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebar
Crank Brothers Candy Pedals
Crank Brothers Split QR Seatclamp
Nokon Shifter Cables
Hope Floating Rotors
KCNC Chainring Bolts
Fizik Gobi XM Saddle
Chris King Bottom Bracket
Chris King Tapered Headset
Thomson X4 Stem
Oury Lock-On Grips
ODI Lock Rings
ODI Bar-Ends

Thanks for looking guys. I'll give feedback on how she rides after I put her through her paces.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Sweet build, the TB is a great ride. That is one clean shop floor. Between the motorcycle and a hot rod build mine looks like a scrapyard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Surfas: Thanks bro! I actually was looking for those brakes but couldn't find them in that color. Universal and Jenson didn;t have them so I opted for the Juicy's.

@boomersooner523: Hehehe, not a fan of the gators but I do follow the Knicks. Didn't plan on using their team colors though but it kinda looks that way, huh?! Hehehehe. Thanks bro!

@bigb73 / Ike Turner / AK Chris / Grouan: Thanks for the compliments guys!

@okie_calvin: Thanks bro! I actually have those grips but I planned on using them for my DJ instead. Used a white pair of Oury Lock-ons for the DJ though.

@moose07: Thanks bro! Oooh, christmas shopping time! God luck on your build bro!

Here are additional pictures of the bike:

Thanks for looking guys! I'll make a ride report soon!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts