Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Delirious Tuck
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, assuming that the world is as it should be in a couple weeks, I'm debating stripping my Spesh Enduro SL and getting an Endorphin (I think the e150 would be great on the endorphin) and using the SL parts on that. The other option is getting a 29er Ventana El Rey, and shelling out for new wheels and fork in addition to the frame.

I have a DT and it does most of what I want, but I still feel like having a lighter rig that is good for when it will be primarily XC fast riding. That said I feel like having an Endo and vtach is great cause they're very different frames, but an Endo and DT might be close enough that I have a ton of overlap in function vs. just a bit of overlap.

Those of you with both a DT and Endo how do you feel about the differences? (FWIW - My DT is built up on the beefy side of things)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Not so sure about that e150...

I have a DT and Tomac 98. The DT is built up on the lighter side so it handles 95% of my riding. In my case an Endo would have some serious overlap unless I built it up mega-light to replace my Tomac. Now if I built up the DT heavy w/DH wheels and tires I would only use it on FR/DH days and a heavily built Endo would see more action than the DT. In this case I would still need an XC bike for endurance racing. Not sure if my ramblings help but there you go...

·
Delirious Tuck
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The e150 is great if you dial it in and get the front air cartridges replaced.

My DT build is defo on the heavier/tougher side, I put it on a diet when I added SLX cranks and the i9 Enduro wheel set, still has a totem coil and codes... thinking of adding the CCDB. To be honest I haven't ridden the Enduro but one or two times since buying the DT, I'll have to get siko to let me borrow his endo...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
thefriar said:
The e150 is great if you dial it in and get the front air cartridges replaced.

My DT build is defo on the heavier/tougher side, I put it on a diet when I added SLX cranks and the i9 Enduro wheel set, still has a totem coil and codes... thinking of adding the CCDB. To be honest I haven't ridden the Enduro but one or two times since buying the DT, I'll have to get siko to let me borrow his endo...
My buddy has blown out 6 of those forks in a year and 4 of their rear shocks. His latest one has held for a couple months though.

That DT doesn't sound that heavy. I have a similar build but with a Totem air. It's probably around 37lbs. I prefer it over the lighter bikes because it's so stiff and I feel like I can go super aggro on the trails. I was always holding something back when I had a lighter bike.
If you're not riding the Enduro you're probably not going to ride the Endo. The DT is all you need!

I hopped on an Endo this summer that had a Pike on it. I was impressed with how stiff it felt and how well it pedalled. It was quite plush for a 5" frame. The Pike screwed up the test ride for me though. It made the geometry way too XC-ish for my liking. I could see how it would be a great trailbike with the right build on it. If it were a couple of pounds lighter it would be the perfect XC machine and I would get one. I'm still considering building one mega-light to replace my XC bike but that's pie in the sky talk as the DT is already putting me in the poor house.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
FWIW, there are a lot better 29er's on the market than the El Rey. Luscious paint.....what else did I like about mine.......?? Oh yeah... Nothing! The welds were not what I expected, the quality of the bike was adequate and it did not ride as good as many of the other 29er I've owned. After riding a Knolly you won't need the double bearing option on the El Rey, you'll need 10 or something else that doesn't let the rear end noodle all over the place. The only choice is the Endo (and I own an Endo, D-T and a V-tach). Sure there are other great bikes out there in the 5.5" range but you only wanted our thoughts on the these two.

·
Delirious Tuck
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DT weighs in at ~40lbs, tires/tubes/pedals are beefy. I think I'm going to go for the Endo, will wait and see how the economy looks in the next couple months, but I think the Endo + the enduro sl pro build would add up to one very sweet build.

The e150 is hit or miss, spesh is only going to put it on the s-works because of the quality control issues they've been having. I'm ~240 with gear so I've never treated the Enduro as anything more than a light AM/long travel xc bike, its rear is too flexy to take it off anything too big or through anything messy at speed for me.

I feel like the Endo would have the back end stiffness to be quick and blow through the trail and put down the miles, and take the rougher line if I decided.

·
Registered
919 Posts
thefriar said:
So, assuming that the world is as it should be in a couple weeks, I'm debating stripping my Spesh Enduro SL and getting an Endorphin (I think the e150 would be great on the endorphin) and using the SL parts on that. The other option is getting a 29er Ventana El Rey, and shelling out for new wheels and fork in addition to the frame.

I have a DT and it does most of what I want, but I still feel like having a lighter rig that is good for when it will be primarily XC fast riding. That said I feel like having an Endo and vtach is great cause they're very different frames, but an Endo and DT might be close enough that I have a ton of overlap in function vs. just a bit of overlap.

Those of you with both a DT and Endo how do you feel about the differences? (FWIW - My DT is built up on the beefy side of things)
FYI,
My Endorphin is a heavier build @ ~31lbs with coils front and rear w/2.5" tires. I do longer very rocky rides from 2- 4 hours with an occasional 4-5 footer with semi flat landings. It is a very capable trail bike. I've seen some posts on a 26 lb Endorphin which would absolutely scream on single track, yet be very stiff/durable. A very versatile machine depending on the build.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the adjustability of the Delerium's angles and wheelbase makes it a very different bike than the Endorphin. I have both, and while the End is a capable bike, it won't be my first choice for shuttling, North Vancouver or ski hill riding. My DT is built up dh, with a 66ATA, long, low and slack. I can change it up if I want to, but now that I have an End I don't have to. Very different bikes, or very similar, all depending on the build and setup.
All parts are also compatible, which can be handy when you crash as much as I do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.