The House of Solid Gold offers to you the first 24K Gold Mountain bike, perhaps the most expensive bike in the world at $1 million. Why did they make it? We're not quite sure. But the real question is who will buy it and will one of these ever get ridden on a trail.
This bike is handcrafted and overlaid with pure 24K gold. Using modern day techniques and taking well over 750 hours to complete, each part was coated to perfection in the USA using the electroplating process. 13 of these bikes will be made for you sheiks, princesses and heiresses. Added for accent and beauty, the diamonds and sapphires are pave' set on the frame emblem bearing The House of Solid Gold logo, "THSG" is embellished and encrusted with over 600 Black Diamonds (6.0 carats in total) and 500 Golden Sapphires (4.5 carats in total). The one of a kind customized seat is covered in the finest chocolate brown alligator. The one of a kind water bottle is covered in gold and accented with chocolate brown stingray. Finally, the bike is laser engraved with artist signature, dated and numbered as the 1st of 13 and is accompanied with a certificate of authenticity.
Bike Mechanic: Special Thanks to owner, Sukeun Chun, of Veloworks Bicycles in Santa Monica, California, USA.
Parts Manufacturer List
- Frame: Salsa Mukluk XL 21" (Aluminum)
- Fork: Salsa Fargo
- Hubs: Salsa (Aluminum)
- Seat: Selle SMP Pro Ricamata custom with chocolate alligator leather
- Seat Clamp: Salsa
- Skewers: Salsa
- Chain Ring: Salsa 36 tooth
- Chain Guide: MRP
- Chain: AMC / gold colored chain
- Pedals: VP Components -001, end cap customized by THSG and encrusted with Black Diamonds and Golden Sapphires
- Handle Bar and Stem: Shimano PRO FRS Riser 20
- Seat post: Shimano PRO Vibe 7s
- Tooth Cassette: Shimano SLX 36 tooth
- Shifter: Shimano 10 speed XT Rear
- Derailleur: Shimano 10 speed XTR Shadow Plus
- Cranks: Shimano Alivo
- Crank Bottom bracket: Phil Wood
- Brakes: Avid Ball bearing Disc brakes
- Brake Pads: Jagwire / gold color
- Rim Wheels: Surly Rolling Darryl's (4 inch wide)
- Rubber Tire: Surly Front / Endomorph 3.7 (3.7" wide) 29" tall; Back / Larry 3.8 (3.8" wide)
- Tubes: Inova Front / 26 x 4.0 (tube size - #20310503); Back / 26 x 3.8 (tube size - #20310430)
- Rim Strip: Surly - Color Red
- Cable Covers: Jagwire / gold color
- Handlebar Grips: PDW (Portland Design Works) - Chocolate brown saddle leather "Whiskey Grips"
- Emblem: The House of Solid Gold's logo "THSG" is totally encrusted with over (600) (6.0 carats) of Black Diamonds and (500) (4.5 carats) of Golden Sapphires
- Water Bottle Cage: Bicycle Company - Arundel
- Water Bottle: Klean Kanteen (Stainless Steel)
For more information visit www.thehouseofsolidgold.com.