Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey WNC MTBers! The newest addition to Bracken Preserve is officially open! The approximately 1.3 mile long Pinnacle Trail creates a fantastic loop option between Bracken Mountain Trail (the blue trail) and Brushy Creek Trail (the red trail).

The City would like to thank everyone who helped make this project happen including Long Cane Trails, Conserving Carolina, and all of the Friends of Brevard Area Trails volunteers who put in over 200 hours of work to take this from a line on a map to reality.

Check it out and let us know what you think. We think it's pretty freaking awesome!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thank you for the work!

I have ridden the new addition a couple times now and it is very fun and will get even better when it all beds in. Pretty nice to be able to connect different routes up there now.

I had heard rumor the beginning climb from the parking area was going to get re-done. Any truth to that? It is doable as-is right now but it's a steep SOB :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the work!

I have ridden the new addition a couple times now and it is very fun and will get even better when it all beds in. Pretty nice to be able to connect different routes up there now.

I had heard rumor the beginning climb from the parking area was going to get re-done. Any truth to that? It is doable as-is right now but it's a steep SOB :D
Yes, some of the turns got reworked very recently and therefore didn't get compacted when the volunteers moved through so they definitely need some time to get settled.

There is a plan for an alternative route around some of the steep stuff near the parking area. That part of the trail isn't actually on City-owned property so an additional trail easement is necessary from two property owners. Unfortunately, that kind of thing takes a while but there is certainly truth to the rumor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.