Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Specs are as follows:

Bottle Cage: Al. w/ Al. boltsBottom Bracket: Race Face Prodigy ISISBrake Levers:Avid MagBrakes: Avid Mag Fr/Shimano RearCables:Avid Brake / ShiftCassette:Shimano XTChain Guard:Chain: Sram PC-59Crankset: Race Face Turbine LP*Crankarms:*Chain rings:*Chainring bolts:*Crank fixing bolts:Race Face SteelComputer:Derlr (Front)Shimano XTDerlr (Rear)Shimano XTRFork:Noleen Mega-Air w/ race & starnutFrame: Access 18" hardtail w/ V studsGrips:Profile RubberHandlebar: Easton CT2 RiserHeadset: Chris King w/o raceHeadset Spacer:AluminumPedals: Wellgo WPD-M9Skewers:Axiom Bolt OnSeat Binder: AxiomSeat: Selle Italia SLR XPSeatpost: USE Alien TiShifters: Shimano XT w/o displayShock Rear:Stem: no-name 100x5Tire (Front)Nokian NBX Lite 2.1Tire (Rear):Nokian NBX Lite 2.1Tubes:Ultra ThinWheelset:WTB Lazer
<TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 x:num> 1690 [/TD]
GramsPounds22.43

I'm going to upgrade the bottom bracket to an FRM CU2 most likely followed by the pedals (Crank Bros S/S??) and finally the wheels.. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help guys!

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Nice build. Like the fork. :) Still the best deal in town, and the most under rated one at that. 3lbs of 100mmX32mm love.

The RF chainrings are pretty heavy. Some cheap Real Designs from Cambria work good.

I'm an Eggs kinda guy, so thats my pick for lighter pedals.

Some foam grips.

You mentioned the BB. The RF ISIS is pretty heavy.

One could nit pick all day long, but it'll be in the 21s easy just with those changes and not lots more $$.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
Nice build, I'm thinking about building up one of those Access HT frames as a parts bike.

But dude.....Tell me you didn't take the beautiful decals off of the Noleen!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummm...

DaFireMedic said:
Nice build, I'm thinking about building up one of those Access HT frames as a parts bike.

But dude.....Tell me you didn't take the beautiful decals off of the Noleen!
I won't tell you any such thing :rolleyes: I'm gonna give the fork a new paint job next week anyways. Thinking a dark metallic grey similar to the fox forks.

The colour of the frame is hard to see due to the really overcast day, but it's GM Fusion orange metallic. It's a really metallic copper colour and I think the dark metallic grey will work nicely with it.

I never thought about replacing the rings but that's a good idea and relatively cheap, thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$$$

NRSDude said:
Nice build
-sam
You know, I couldn't even tell you how much it all cost as I tend not to keep track of that stuff for fear of scaring myself to death :)

I'm in canada so rest assured that I paid a small fortune for it all!

Thx guys, better pics on tuesday!

BTW, Who sells FRM? Need a BB

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
Hey Manitou, could you tell me what size bottom bracket you are using and what the seatpost diameter is on the frame? I am looking at buying an Access frame and am looking over what spare parts I have that I might be able to use in the build. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DaFireMedic said:
Hey Manitou, could you tell me what size bottom bracket you are using and what the seatpost diameter is on the frame? I am looking at buying an Access frame and am looking over what spare parts I have that I might be able to use in the build. Thanks.
68x113 (actually 73 w/ 5mm spacer) ISIS and 27.2

Hope this helps :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.