Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts

That SE 29er BMX cruiser was out last year actually.

Last year, it had a bent seat tube like the Karate Monkey. I see they got ride of that design this year.

I saw some Interbike outdoor demo photos of it, but nothing beyond that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
fire horse said:
http://www.sebmx.com/2006/bike-detail.asp?id=10

Anyone got an idea on the price? Chainstays seem a lil long but, otherwise a decent thrasher compatable possibly w/ Redline's new 29er, me thinks. Anyway, let the opinions, postulating, and genuflecting fly my brethren!
I own the '05 and absolutely love it. I work at an SE(fuji) dealership and I asked the rep about the '06's and they aren't as cool of a bike. They got rid of the disc tabs and the deraileur hanger and replaced them with regular bmx dropouts. They also got rid of the suspension corrected front fork. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. I liked the versatillity that my bike has but the 06's are still pretty cool town bikes just not quite the mountain bike that the 05 was.

·
Registered
981 Posts
SS4life said:
...They got rid of the disc tabs and the deraileur hanger and replaced them with regular bmx dropouts...
Interestingly enough, the photo shows that the 06 frame still has cable stops/routing for a rear and front der even though the rear end now has just a BMX horizontal dropout.

I know On-One makes an rear der hanger on a chain tug that might work for this frame if someone wanted to run gears.

Attachments

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Holy toe overlap Batman!

Specs say that the Headtube angle (71º) is supposed to be 2º slacker than the seat tube angle, but it looks the other way around?

Do the BMX dropouts mean it's possible to get shorter chainstays out of the bike (dremel job), or will chainstays and seatstay bridges prevent that?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Upon closer inspection of this larger photo I found, the 06 model does still come with a rear der hanger. Look closely at the rear chain tug, it's part of it (black). So it's similar in idea to the On-One chain tug der hanger.

Go over to the product page for this bike and drag the magnifying frame over the rear drop out and you'll see the enlarged view shows the rear der hanger:
https://www.sebmx.com/2006/bike-detail.asp?id=10

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
The 2006 Monocog 29 intrigues me more now. Steel frame, disc ready wheels and frame/fork, suspension corrected, and MSRP $450 too. Comes in sizes 15/17/19/21 with KM-like geometry, which I rate a good thing. For a cruiser, I'd get the 17" myself, while 21" would be my XC size. Shorter chainstays than the SE so I can actually try to manual something. Another difference is that the Redline folks are actually extremely helpful, while SE never returned a single email.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Man clevelandsteamer, just gotta be on the meany wagon huh? My bike has stays even longer than that (19"), sure it's not conventional, but it rides like a bat outa hell, and feels oh so comfy=:) But hey, I'm not out, racing all the time either!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Big Mama Flyer

i saw one at a Fuji dealer bike shop in Jacksonville Beach, FL last weekend for $395 (complete bike).
i think it was an '05 model. looked o.k. for the money. the wheelset & hubs looked like the nicest components on the bike: black & sealed. frame made in China.
--oh, the guy said he was selling a lot of them & he was "converting" some of them to geared bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.