Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden earnestly in the past two years. The last bike I purchased was back in 1997 (Pro-Flex), and I rode it into the ground, even after numerous rebuilds. I also ride motocross (Yamaha YZ-426). I'm a grinder (slower crank speeds), but back when I rode, I had pretty good speed (Mount Falcon in 27 minutes). I rode a friend's Stinkee Dee-Lux. He had some aftermarket stuff on it (don't know exactly what). We rode Apex...and that thing was a BLAST.

Soo...now that you have some background info...I'm looking for a strong frame bike, full suspension (6"--oil/coil), likely disc brakes. It doesn't have to be extremely light, I don't mind the uphill workout. It doesn't have to be showroom new; I do want it well maintained (scratches I don't care about). I'd like to spend under $1200...so I'd obviously buy used. I'm going to hammer it hard downhill, and I want to keep it for awhile. I'm 5'-10" and 195. I won't lose much of the weight since I train more for TKD/strength/etc.

Any inputs?

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you liked the Stinky try the Coiler

Keep your eye out for a Kona Coiler. I think this would fit what you want to do well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks LeopardDog. I got that advice from another individual, so I'll look into it. Dogonfr...I'll work on PM'ing ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts