Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Recently got shown mtbr by a friend of mine who also rides, just starting out and trying to find out more about all that is riding. So hello, and what'd be a good bike for a beginner like myself?

Thanks!
Bryan

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
A hard tail . Stick with major brands , shop around your LBS . Ride as many as you can , make sure you get the correct size . Good hunting .

·
In Transit
1,097 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
A hard tail . Stick with major brands , shop around your LBS . Ride as many as you can , make sure you get the correct size . Good hunting .
+1

I would test ride the shop itself as much as the bike because the two of you will be getting to know each other very well if you get into riding. Find a good shop in your area in the Reviews section linked at the top of this page.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
Can this be a headline for this entire beginner's forum?

Ride everything you can and spend as much as you can reasonably afford to get the best long term value.

·
pants on head retarded
256 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't spend a whole ton on your first bike. By all means get something decent but remember that entry level exists for a reason! With time you'll find things you like and don't like, and if you *really* get into it you'll probably dump the coin on your second bike.

Mostly-- welcome! Have fun and ride :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yurtinus said:
Honestly, I wouldn't spend a whole ton on your first bike. By all means get something decent but remember that entry level exists for a reason! With time you'll find things you like and don't like, and if you *really* get into it you'll probably dump the coin on your second bike.

Mostly-- welcome! Have fun and ride :)
Thanks! That seems to be the gist of the advice I've been getting so far, so I suppose I'll believe you guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.