Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started mountain bikeing a few months ago, I am from Fullerton, Ca so i have been rideing the fullerton loop..I am rideing a 2002 trek fuel 90 and am thinking about buying it from somone it is in good condition only been rode 10 times. Is this a good bike for the rideing that i am doing now and how much would be a reasonable price for this bike..HELP!!

thanks

·
EGGROLL!!!
390 Posts
YOu might want to check eBay for an idea of how much it is worth, just search for the bike and look under completed sales. Used bikes can vary quite a bit in condition, though, and if you are unsure of its trail-worthiness you could always swing by a bike shop for a quick look-over. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
eggraid's advice is good -- just like a used car, take it in to a good shop and have 'em look it over. Checking out previous sales can be a good start, but if they bike has been upgraded with new / aftermarket parts, that can affect the price pretty significantly. The price will be determined both by overall condition and by the quality of components on it. Based on that info, your LBS should be able to give you an idea of what a reasonable price for it is. I'm sure they'd rather sell you something instead, but as long as you showed interest that you'd come back to them for servicing and purchases, I'm sure they'll be willing to help you out.

Also, make sure the bike is the right size for you before buying. Again, the LBS can assist if you are unsure.

Cheers, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.