Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya people. Newbie here and just bought myself and my wife a couple of brand new Trek bikes. Hers an '05 Fuel 70 and mine's an '03 Liquid 10. I was wondering if anyone could give some input if the prices for these bikes were decent for what they are, $899.99 and $999.99 respectively. Hope to learn from this forum and fellow Trek owners. Have a wonderful day and a prosperous new year to everyone. Thanks in advance :D

·
TXAG
174 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard. I am not sure about the liquid but I have seen the Fuel 70 at my LBS (Local Bike Shop) for around 869 I think but I'd say you did alright. Post some pics when you get a chance!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luke04-Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been reading a lot of posts from his site and have learned a lot. Have a great holiday weekend :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 2006 Trek 8000. It's quite a step up from my Rockhopper (stolen last November). I have been on 1 ride and really liked the way it felt. Just ordered some new platforms (I'm not a clipless fan) and when I get them on I'll post a pic.

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
I actually just built up my new (used 2004) trek Liquid 10. I got the frame, Fox Float RL talas rear, and Manitou Black shock on ebay for $400. It was an easy build. I like some of the cable run features it has.

I took it on a short ride and It handled well. Im pretty excited about the 5" rear travel on the 4 bar horst suspension set up. its pretty smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts