Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
George
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

New to Mtn Biking & Mtbr.com (not a green newbie was previously a roadie) just wanted to say hey! My long time mechanic in my roadie days ventured out and opened his own bike shop here in Virginia. Robert recommended the Haro Flightline Expert 29. I am loving it! I had not seen much about it in my research and decided to create a video with the whole build and riding experience.

Thank you for this site I have learned a considerable amount!

George

·
George
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I was researching the Haro Mountain Bikes I wasn't finding much out there on the web about them, very few reviews, very few videos etc. I hope with this video if someone is considering the Haro Bikes it helps them out. Just last week I upgraded to the SunRingle Black Flag Expert 29 wheelset and Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires and I created a pretty nice video about them, where is it appropriate to post it if this video and post is considered spam?

George

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
George I would say if you want to do a review on the wheels the "Wheels and Tires Forum" would be a good bet.
For the Shop most likely in the "Regional Bike Trails and Rides Forums" In your area.
Haro even has it's own section in "Mountain Bike Manufacturer Forums"
This is just my opinion I'm just another mountain biker fumbling along and trying to learn.
And we all get our hand slapped from time to time after all it is the Internet.
Happy Trail's

·
George
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Paul thanks! I thought this was the 29er forum and the bike is a 29er LOL! My bad..I revised the post who knows. Live and learn and ride!

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Don't worry about it, thanks for contributing.

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Hello Paul thanks! I thought this was the 29er forum and the bike is a 29er LOL! My bad..I revised the post who knows. Live and learn and ride!
Not your bad at all your right it is a 29er and it's fine.
I was referring to the wheels and also if you wanted to do a review on your local shop which gives others information on the shop in their area.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Was not meant to spam I will be happy to delete it!

George
Thanks for offering to remove the post, but looks like others will be cool with it. I jumped the gun a bit because I've seen very similar threads started that were intentional spam. Thought maybe one of those folks were back. I would say that if you made the video as a promotional piece for the shop, and by proxy Haro, and you got some kind of deal on the bike for making the video, then this might qualify as spam. If you are just an enthusiastic new bike owner who is proud of his friend, then stick around mtbr and contribute more posts. Looks like you've got some video skills that folks here might enjoy.

Edit: BTW, I wouldn't cross post this in a bunch of different forums here. Then it would look spammy.

·
George
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Slow Danger

The video was not a paid endorsement for the shop as a videographer I wanted to produce a thank you testimonial for the shop to show them what I was capable of producing in hopes to get more video work from them in the future. I was not paid by Haro or any of the products in the video. So I would have to say it was the enthusiastic new bike owner and new mtn bike rider having been off a bike in over 5 years, previously riding a fully carboned Trek 2200 several hundred miles a months. Sold that bike and my previous Trek Mtn Bike and this time around wanted to jump into mtn biking since we have a very active mtn bike club with over 70 miles of XC, Single Track trails within 5 local parks.

I would love to discuss video with anyone on here because I want to create more videos for the shop as well as the local mtn bike club.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your response, much appreciated!

Happy Trails

George

1 - 11 of 11 Posts