Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
annoyingly cautious
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Moab is great for beginners. The absolute scariest ride we went on was the bridge over the Colorado River. No shoulder, no bike lane, praying that a diesel gust wouldn't blow anybody over the puny railing. First ride was up the old Moab Highway; totally nontechnical, plenty of small bumps. My wife was too fast for me to keep in the viewfinder. The gravity was so intense we nearly fell over waiting for the camera to go off.

Attachments

·
annoyingly cautious
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2nd ride

Gooneybird rock. We had hoped to go to Gemini Bridge but my wife had a sore hand by the time we reached the Y in the trail. The ride up from 7 mile canyon parking lot was a bit of work, the rest was fairly easy. Scenery was like nothing we had seen before.

Attachments

·
More Chasmism
798 Posts
drc said:
Yes, Moab is great for beginners. The absolute scariest ride we went on was the bridge over the Colorado River. No shoulder, no bike lane, praying that a diesel gust wouldn't blow anybody over the puny railing.
I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly. We always joke that the scariest part of the "Church Ride" (Gold Bar-->Portal from town) isn't the exposure on the Portal but rather the River Bridge. We generally just pull out into the middle of the traffic lane and let the cars pile up behind us.

Glad you enjoyed your rides.

hfly

·
annoyingly cautious
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
loadedcarp said:
Wow, impressive. I can't get my wife off the sofa let alone out to Moab on a bike... ;)
You remind me how lucky I am. Wife wants to go for TWO weeks next year. Spring break is mid-April instead of late March so the weather will be a little warmer. Our daughter will be happy to miss a week of school; she can't wait to ride to the dinosaur tracks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.