Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been forever since I've been on a mountain bike, but I'm getting a bit burned out on the road bike and itching to mix it up a little. What are some good newbie rides for this time of year, specifically the next 4-5 days? Anything in the Palo Alto/Mountain View area?

Looks like ROMP has an easy ride at Arastradero this weekend. What else should I try? Specific trails names or routes would be helpful since I'm not too familiar with most of the parks in the area...

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
If you want to ride dry, go to St. Joseph Hills at Los Gatos.

The day after the heavy rain last week, the trail was bone dry and sandy at spots. Some small hills to climb. But mainly just mild fireroads and nice views. You have road background, so I am sure the fitness is there.

Ride Jones trail from downtown Los Gatos, left and up to the top via manzanita. The park is so small that I can ride everything there in less than an hour. Can't get loss. Any trail that goes up will lead you to the top. Any that goes down will go back to the car. Trail map available at trail head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.