Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just starting riding and have no riding buddies (sad story, huh).

I've got an Intense 5.5 EVP and am really just an All Mountain kinda guy... I'm in fairly decent shape (I ride on the streets and hills around my house every day).

So anyway, I wanna know if anyone's interesting in having an extra rider in their group. I'm a cool dude (seriously :) ) and I can get along with just about anyone.

So let me know, I'm in Beaverton, and don't have a car, so I would need to be picked up. I'll (of course) pitch in for gas money. I'm just looking to go riding as much as possible and have a good time.

I feel like I'm posting an ad in the personals section of a newspaper... "Seeking Soulmate for deep theological discussions" hahaha :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
come on up to the Harmonic ConvergenSS (its not just for singlespeeds). I might be able to get you a ride too...

·
Registered
45 Posts
have no riding buddies (sad story, huh).

i have no friends at all
well ....
my son rides with me
but i dont know where to ride
i do have a car
and a bike rack

i am also a cool dude
but im not your avarage mtb'er
i dont own bike clothes

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Sun: ride or bowl it?

BourneKiller said:
Hey guys, I'm just starting riding and have no riding buddies (sad story, huh).

I've got an Intense 5.5 EVP and am really just an All Mountain kinda guy... I'm in fairly decent shape (I ride on the streets and hills around my house every day).

So anyway, I wanna know if anyone's interesting in having an extra rider in their group. I'm a cool dude (seriously :) ) and I can get along with just about anyone.

So let me know, I'm in Beaverton, and don't have a car, so I would need to be picked up. I'll (of course) pitch in for gas money. I'm just looking to go riding as much as possible and have a good time.
Hey BK (and others?):

I'm riding a 2 hour ride or so Sunday, in the AM-ish. The goal is to ride the trails when they're void of riders (since most everybody will be watching the SB), but to get back in time to actually see the commercials. ;-)

I don't want a big group (cause that means not finishing early enough), but we could handle one or two riders joining us.

My friend Mike is a little faster than me, but I'm pretty slow these days (out of shape). I'm on an SS, and Mike may be on a hard tail geary or a squishy bike, depending on if he's gotten his squisher fixed yet -- he broke off his derailleur last Sunday on this trail! LOL!

PM me if'n you're interested, and I'll send ya the 411 on where we're going, time, dues, etc. ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
You really should try and make the fore mentioned Harmonic ConvergenSS next weekend(17th.) It would be about an hour drive, but well worth it. There are a lot of good guys that ride up here..just wish there were more women!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, Harmonic SS was pretty cool...

I'm going riding tomorrow morning near Tilly, we're meeting at my house at 9:30ish (late notice, I know). If anyone's interested, it's a pretty decent loop - lots of climbing w/ a good downhill section as well.

If anyone's interested in coming along, give me a call (714) 224-8604, name's Ethan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Ethan. You talking about riding near Tillamook tomorrow? I can't make it because I have to answer to *the man*, but I've always wanted to ride there. I hear it's pretty sweet. Be sure and give a ride review when you get back. Later.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, we went already - it was good stuff. LeeMan, correct me if I'm wrong... but today we went on Wilson River Trail, and 3 weeks ago, we went on Gale's Creek.

Lots of fun, not too many downed trees on this one, but Gale's Creek was pretty savage. Lots of trees down.

It was pretty rainy today, but we made it through alright.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
correct!

BourneKiller said:
Yup, we went already - it was good stuff. LeeMan, correct me if I'm wrong... but today we went on Wilson River Trail, and 3 weeks ago, we went on Gale's Creek.

Lots of fun, not too many downed trees on this one, but Gale's Creek was pretty savage. Lots of trees down.

It was pretty rainy today, but we made it through alright.
Correct, Ethan!

We rode on WRT from the visitor's center, and traversed between Foot Bridge and Diamond Hill.

It was _very_ wet. We had rain clothes (well, I did anyway ;-)), and we still got soaked to the bone, and therefore got kind of cold towards the end. But I suspect we put in two hours of good riding on dirt (read not much mud at all, considering!).

Now if I can just get you young guys converted to the dark side (i.e. single speeds). ;-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup - I was sans rain clothes, and managed to get no wetter than my Gore-Tex clad buddies :)

You have a light bike w/ a 15-lb pack.... I have a "heavier" bike w/ a 2 lb pack.

:-D

It balances out.

But for sure, we had a lot of dirt riding, and it really wasn't until the end when we started hitting anything slippery or consistent mud patches. I didn't have any sliding problems, and i don't really have mud tires.

·
Look at the time!
1,144 Posts
I'm in a similiar situation as BK so I'll just join this thread if you don't mind :)

I'm also new to Oregon - living in Hillsboro since January, also without a car so far.
I think I've met some of you people at Harmonic Con a few weeks ago - I was riding Bobs Gemini then, but my own bike is now here and I can't wait to test if it works on this continent!

Is anyone here going to be riding this weekend?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.