Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pictures yet guys. I have a few questions though:). The rear der. cable was run the original way so that it goes under the BB. Has anyone had any trouble with the cable snagging on anything. How would I go about moving it over the top and will I need a longer cable?

Also, I have the Mavic 819ust rims with high roller 2.1 tires. Kinda wimpy tires for riding in the desert. Anyone have any thoughts for 2.3 that run well. These are my first tubeless so Im totally clueless as to function and reliability.

Shawn

·
Registered
77 Posts
Redmon said:
No pictures yet guys. I have a few questions though:). The rear der. cable was run the original way so that it goes under the BB. Has anyone had any trouble with the cable snagging on anything. How would I go about moving it over the top and will I need a longer cable?

Also, I have the Mavic 819ust rims with high roller 2.1 tires. Kinda wimpy tires for riding in the desert. Anyone have any thoughts for 2.3 that run well. These are my first tubeless so Im totally clueless as to function and reliability.

Shawn

What bike is is?

Anyway, leave the cables as they came, i've never had any dramas.

For a dry weather 2.3 try the Maxxis Larson TT in a 2.35 width. Nice and fast rolling, light, with plenty of air.

We need to know the bike to offer more advice.

Munga

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ack! Its the 575 yeti my friend. Sorry about that

·
Registered
436 Posts
No problems rerouting the housing over the bb shell, I dont think you will need a longer cable either. The only problem might be is that you will have cut the little gismo off at the end of the cable so the cable will slide out of the Sram der. You can get a new one from your LBS for .10 cents and just crush it when you are through,

·
you said.. Member
228 Posts
I'm running my rear der. cable under the BB with SRAM 9.0 shifters & Rear Der. with no problems on my 575. Cable routing is my only issue the 575.

See: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=34592

Also, I've had good luck with the Mutano Raptors 2.24 (non UST). I have a couple of friends who love thier UST Weirwolves and UST Hutchinson Pythons as well. They seem to work well here in SoCal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts