Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie with a question about a new bike that I just purchased. I ordered a 2013 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc. I got a pretty good deal, atleast I feel like I did:

GT Avalanche 3.0 Hydraulic Disc 26" Mountain Bike - 2013 U.S. Exclusive - Mountain Bikes

The thing is that I was so excited to hit the trails that I didn't stop to think that I may have needed to order a pump for the front fork. I watched a initial assembly video that PerformanceBike has on YouTube showing adjustments being made to the pressure with a pump. The fork is a cheap Suntour XCM-MLO series, so I'm not sure if the air pressure is even adjustable in the first place.

Will I need to put air in the fork when this bike shows up this coming Friday? I'm assembling it myself and I don't want that to stop my first ride!! I thought that if I reached out, that I could find out if I should get one before she shows up at my doorstep!

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
That fork is not air, it will have a lockout which keeps it from moving, and maybe a compression adjustment (maybe) just make tire it's not in the locked position and your good to go

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! The fork will have to work for me for now... gotta recover a bit from the initial purchase...

Just wanted to be sure that I have what I need ahead of time so I'm ready to ride right after I put her into service!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts