Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to SS riding. How do you change the rear cog? I have a hook spanner to remove the lockring and realize I am missing the tool to hold the freehub from backspinning. Any DIY ideas, or do I need another tool? A chainwhip?

·
Registered
13 Posts
FLOMBE said:
New to SS riding. How do you change the rear cog? I have a hook spanner to remove the lockring and realize I am missing the tool to hold the freehub from backspinning. Any DIY ideas, or do I need another tool? A chainwhip?
Is this a conversion? If so, yes you will need a chain whip, freehub body remover and an adjustable wrench. It is a pretty simple operation once you have the tools and have done it a couple of times. Head to your LBS for the tools and ask for a demo/instructions.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
FLOMBE said:
As a chainwhip substitute use the bike. Mount the wheel, use your cranks to resist the torque of the spanner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts