Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm in the market for a new mountain bike. I used to race bmx but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge (very little). I've done a bit of research on my own and would like your input on this.

I'm a snowboarder at heart looking to get into mountain biking for summer cross-training and for the fact that it looks damn fun.

My budget is around $800 and from what I understand I'm looking for a hardtail, all-mountain bike.

Currently my options are: 2011 Revel 0, 2011 Haro Flightline, 2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport, 2008 Kona Caldera (used $750), 2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp (used & upgraded $800)

The Stumpjumper sounded like a good deal but its a medium and I've been told to get a large (6'1, 170lbs).

I'm thinking the Caldera but if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may have left out valuable information to help you all out. If there are any questions on something that I left out let me know. Like I said, I'm a noob looking to get into the sport :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great! Thanks for your advice guys. I'm trying to sell off a few things to lighten the blow to my wallet and going with that bike. In the mean time, if anyone has any alternatives or suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks again

·
Registered
253 Posts
one thing when i learned when entering which was not to long ago was don't buy a cheaper bike to get started your gonna be wanting more. I did that I only had the bike for about 6 weeks and I am already looking for a upgrade

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I can totally relate to that. There are other sports/activities that I entered into going on the lower end and realized quickly that I wanted more. With that being said I try to get something that will last, while trying to not spend too much (unless I really get into it later). I feel pretty confident about this bike though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.