Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined here and have that fat bike fever. My wife and I went this weekend looking to upgrade our walmart bikes lol to a nicer bike and got introduced to fat bikes. We live at the beach so we thought it would be great to have a fat bike to ride the beach, light trails and road. We are looking forward to the fat bike world and the biking community. I've searched some on here. I am looking to stay under $1200 for a bike. What do you guys recommend me looking at? I'm a little overwhelmed researching the last two days

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just joined here and have that fat bike fever. My wife and I went this weekend looking to upgrade our walmart bikes lol to a nicer bike and got introduced to fat bikes. We live at the beach so we thought it would be great to have a fat bike to ride the beach, light trails and road. We are looking forward to the fat bike world and the biking community. I've searched some on here. I am looking to stay under $1200 for a bike. What do you guys recommend me looking at? I'm a little overwhelmed researching the last two days
Realizing that you're springing for two bikes, I can certainly understand the need for budgetary constraints BUT (there's always a but)....... If you could spring a little higher you could get into a couple of Surly Wednesdays. Pretty good stuff right there. You wouldn't have to worry about replacing or upgrading to new wheels. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
58 Posts
FELT DD70, great first bike. Mine came with 3 x 9. 44/42/22 x 11/36. And with the Jumbo Jim tyres its very very fast on tarmac!!
The cheap Shimano drive train is incredibly smooth.
The only minus's are the 44t big ring gets caught while trying to clear big logs,
and CHAINSUCK, going to one of the smaller chainrings. But with care changing, its ok.
Going from small to big rings is smooth as silk.
The FELT DD70 comes with 4.0 Jumbo Jims. I have put a 4.8 on the front. Beast of a tyre.

If you do get this bike, you wont believe how fast it is for the price.

·
Registered
88 Posts
FELT DD70, great first bike. Mine came with 3 x 9. 44/42/22 x 11/36. And with the Jumbo Jim tyres its very very fast on tarmac!!
The cheap Shimano drive train is incredibly smooth.
The only minus's are the 44t big ring gets caught while trying to clear big logs,
and CHAINSUCK, going to one of the smaller chainrings. But with care changing, its ok.
Going from small to big rings is smooth as silk.
The FELT DD70 comes with 4.0 Jumbo Jims. I have put a 4.8 on the front. Beast of a tyre.

If you do get this bike, you wont believe how fast it is for the price.
second this, the FELT frames are second to none, extremely light & solid, Ive had mine for a few years now & its took a hammering at DH tracks/trails etc, you wont be dissapointed ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.