Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,just come into the world of riding,going to do cross country all mountain.background is been a skateboarder for 13/14 years and snowboarder for 5/6 but am having a total hip replacement this year and im 24 so those high impact sports have to stop.so here i am.

i have set myself up with the help of my friends with a specialized camber elite.two things really just wanted to say hi, and if theres anyone else whos had a hipe replacement would be great to hear some experiences.

im loking forward to this new experience.and hopefully now the social side :thumbsup:

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Welcome! If it's not too much trouble, it would be appreciated if you could make an attempt to use proper (or at least better) punctuational and capitalization. It makes reading your posts much easier and will probably lead you to getting better information from any questions you might have.

You have a great bike to start with so nothing to worry about there, hopefully you have some people to ride with as well. As far as your hip surgery, I would go over to the "rider down" section of the forum and post any questions or concerns there. I'm sure there will be people with some insight on what you can expect. Hope you heal up fast and have fun out there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for the reply,i will try to use the english language better,but am a bit dyslexic so it will take a bit of time.il post up in the rider down section and see if any riders out there have had any experience as it would be nice to find out how it went for them post op.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
ash200 said:
but am a bit dyslexic so it will take a bit of time
No worries, me too! I have the most trouble when I need to try and give someone directions to something.

You should probably post the obligatory picture of your new ride too. You'll get those requests soon enough!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i shall post up some pics tomorrow as im picking it up at 11 :D ,and any advice on what to get accessories wise as i get 10% of the bikes value in specialized goodies in their march spring deal .

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
ash200 said:
i shall post up some pics tomorrow as im picking it up at 11 :D ,and any advice on what to get accessories wise as i get 10% of the bikes value in specialized goodies in their march spring deal .
Helmet (obviously), a bike multi tool, spare tubes, gloves, way to carry water (I prefer Camelbak type methods), patch kit, if you're getting 10% off, it's a great time to consider a bike rack if you need one. Maybe come cycling clothing such as bicycling shorts (prevent chafing) and jerseys.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Padded shorts are the best I don't ride without them. Good advice on the multi tool and the patch kit make sure you look at some how to vids on youtube for cleaning and caring for a mtb. Glasses are good as well so you don't get mud in the eyes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.