Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Yes. Very nice!

I keep telling No Nancies that I have to get back over there and do a long weekend of riding all that Kitsap goodness. Seems almost wierd to see Rhodies along a local trail as I alway think of Gold Creek but very cool.

Funny thing though. If that was Tolt or some other more well used places, you'd have lots of "helpful" folks clearing all those tight trees for you and opening up the trail for more "flow". ;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wrench Monkey said:
That works pretty well. I might have to try that.
I'm using a Pedco Ulta-Pod tripod. I'm just attaching it with the integrated velcro strap (not shown in picture). The camera video quality is much better in HD; however I shot this in SD which allowed me about 23 minutes of shooting time on my 2 GB card. If you can stream the HD option on YouTube, the picture quality in quite a bit better. Might have to let it buffer out some..

The video was edited with Windows Live Movie Maker (Free from MS). If you download Quicktime Pro (free), you will have the required codec that lets you drag and drop the *.mov files directly into WLMM without having to do any format conversion (the final file is a *.wmv). The beta of WLMM was really lame, but the current "out of beta" version is much improved.

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
... more helmet CAM of Newberry (HD)

I replaced my 2GB memory card with an 8GB card this morning. This will allow me to be able to shoot in HD... This is another section of Newberry (Cross Country Trail). I repositioned the tripod on the helmet and I believe I got a little more camera shake. Video is pretty good on the PC, however the quality suffered when it was converted to flash... In HD it's still okay.
Trails are reasonable dry after 3.5 inches of rain this week (whatever Seattle reports double it for here). This is the reason why this area looks like a semi rain forest.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Always amazes me the variety of riding we have in this state and how it all stays so low on the national radar...

Not that I mind no one else knowing... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I been using my Canon Elph. I just use electrical (or duct!!) tape and tape it to the chin bar of my FF helmet. It reduces the shake, and presents a nice perspective. I think it is still better to have a fish eye though, but I am certainly no expert. I have been looking at the chest mount camera harnesses. Those have the best perspective imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.