Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a cannondale f5, have about 60 trail miles on bike in a little over a month. on last ride, a hum developed from the front wheel and the sound tends to resonate in the frame. took it to LBS i bought it from(hour away), and of course the sound goes away, but when i got home, its back. when i lift the bike off of the ground with tire barely spinning, its there, or trail riding, its there. seems more pronounced when wheel turned. any ideas?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have the shop check the front hub on the bike, the bearings may be dried out. Oh and you may need to have the back hub checked as well. I had a similar sound on my new Prophet this spring, so I took it apart and it was my rear hub bearings.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, its not a matter of the level of bike, I had the issue on my Prophet, but never had anything of the sort on my Gemini. I think its just the luck of the draw, the hub would come pre-built to Cannondale, so its not really any fault of theirs. After they re-greased it, everything should be fine. If you ride through alot of water, you may want to have them checked a few times a season. Otherwise enjoy the new bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.