Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junkie
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm curious how many of you all have reverted back to platforms? I'm a roadie by nature and have been riding clipless for 6 yrs, but I feel the moment I'm clipped in on my MTB that I lose all my confidence. I don't even ride super crazy stuff mainly CX/singletrack. I'm not sure if its just me being overly cautious or just being a B****.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I lose confidence when I am not clipped in. Maybe it is from too many injuries caused by "meat grinder" platforms, maybe just having used clipless for maybe 20 years (or whenever they were introduced). I even used clipless for DH years ago. It doesn't really matter though. Ride what you are comfortable with and enjoy it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What brand clipless are you using? Ive been more comfortable with crankbrothers myself since I can clipout easier and my foot floats more on them. Just my personal preference.

·
Alaskan in exile.
439 Posts
What brand clipless are you using?
Good Question. And do they have adjustable tension? I'm riding Time ATAC XS pedals and I find them very easy to jump out of when I have to bail. Part of it is the retention design, but I also have the cleats installed in the "easier-to-exit" orientation.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I ride both but generally prefer my flats (Race Face Atlas). Based on Strava times I am the same speed going up or down regardless of pedal type. I do find that my legs feel a little less fatigued after long (over 3 hours) rides using clipless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts