Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Novaro 29er at REI about eight months ago to get back in shape.
Do to some work travel I am just now starting to get time on it.
I think its a great bike for the money but I now realize the frame is to big for me.
I am 6'3" and assumed I needed the largest frame but I have no clearance between the top tube and the jewels and I have already racked em pretty good a time or two.
My long winded question is should I sell the bike take the loss or buy a smaller frame and pay to have the components switched over(not very mechanically inclined).
Any advice is appreciated.
 

·
NMBP
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
I would just sell it, take the loss, and get the new one. Leason learned. I unfortunately have leaned a few leasons myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,608 Posts
An advantage of buying a whole bike will be that you can try it for fit.
 

·
Brant-C.
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
Go to a local bike shop and test ride. Ask lots of questions.

I'd sell the one you have.
 

·
I like turtles
Joined
·
6,374 Posts
REI will take it back

The OP didn't buy a frame, he bought a complete bike. Sounds like REI didn't do a good job sizing you for the bike. You need to go back to REI and excahnge it for another; they simply have the best return policy I have ever seen...no questions asked. Even if you ordered it (I assumed you got it at the store), you can just ship it back (about $50) and exchange it for another one. I don't care how beat up it is or how long ago you bought it..they will take it back if you aren't happy. I love REI! They just sell the returned stuff at their annual garage sale. I looked at one this weekend while I was at my local REI..they are very nice for the price, even better when you get your member-only 20% coupon ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TiGeo said:
The OP didn't buy a frame, he bought a complete bike. Sounds like REI didn't do a good job sizing you for the bike. You need to go back to REI and excahnge it for another; they simply have the best return policy I have ever seen...no questions asked. Even if you ordered it (I assumed you got it at the store), you can just ship it back (about $50) and exchange it for another one. I don't care how beat up it is or how long ago you bought it..they will take it back if you aren't happy. I love REI! They just sell the returned stuff at their annual garage sale. I looked at one this weekend while I was at my local REI..they are very nice for the price, even better when you get your member-only 20% coupon ;)
Thanks thats what I did they refunded my money no questions asked
 

·
IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
Joined
·
730 Posts
good 2 know, I just got an REI where I live maybe ill go buy some tires for my new 29er and in 3 or 4 months return them!!!
 

·
Brant-C.
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
DriveByBikeShooting said:
good 2 know, I just got an REI where I live maybe ill go buy some tires for my new 29er and in 3 or 4 months return them!!!
that's just wrong...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
bcaronongan said:
that's just wrong...
Yeah thats just wrong. I hope you were just joking.

I love REI return policy. Like someone else said, they just sell it at there scratch and dent garage sale so they don't really loose much money.

The only thing that confuses me is that REI doesn't offer free minor adjustments like a lot of bike shops in my area. If my bike doesn't ride right and needs an adjustment 1 year from now, REI will not adjust it for free but they will give me all my money back for the bike??

It reminds me of Costco. This type of return policy is great but I actually end up buying more because I feel confident that if there was a problem, I can return it. I may buy say $3000 of items at Costco a year and return $300 per year.
 

·
IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
Joined
·
730 Posts
joepa150 said:
Yeah thats just wrong. I hope you were just joking.

I love REI return policy. Like someone else said, they just sell it at there scratch and dent garage sale so they don't really loose much money.

The only thing that confuses me is that REI doesn't offer free minor adjustments like a lot of bike shops in my area. If my bike doesn't ride right and needs an adjustment 1 year from now, REI will not adjust it for free but they will give me all my money back for the bike??

It reminds me of Costco. This type of return policy is great but I actually end up buying more because I feel confident that if there was a problem, I can return it. I may buy say $3000 of items at Costco a year and return $300 per year.
way to dig up a 9 month old thread...

any yea, I was just joking... I rode on them 9 months and am returning them today:thumbsup:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top