Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been lurking around this forum for a while a bought some Chinese lights, I have a 4 cell battery pack and 6. With whatever stock charger. Should I run the lights till the batteries are fully empty, or just start charging them now. And is there any future suggestions, such as always running them till empty, or just charge at any time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Not 100% sure... but my manufacturer recommends storing fully charged with no need to run to 0 in-between charges.

·
Shirtless Singlespeeder
506 Posts
If they are Lithium Ion, most of what I recall seeing on Li-Ion batteries say that they like to be stored partially discharged. They do not like to be stored fully charged or discharged. They also do not like heat extremes. There are others on this forum like Cat-Man-Do who are really knowledgeable.
I store mine partially discharged and charge them only before I ride. If I run them down completely, I will throw a quick little charge into them to bring them to almost half way before I store them.
There is also batteryuniversity.com for more information.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,224 Posts
do not charge them when cold, such as coming in from winter ride. let warm up to room temp. charging a cold (freezing) lithium will kill them fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts