Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Suffering Mightily
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become a true believer after riding my Surly Karate Monkey SS exclusively these past few months. Decided to get someting with gears also. Zion 737 just built up--with the Paul thumbies. Front der. cable is pretty close to the tire, but other than that, I like it alot. The build is similar to my KM Singlespeed, nothing fancy, but a blast to ride. I love the KM fork. Cheers!

Attachments

· Witty McWitterson
5,017 Posts
What size is that?

I've got a 'cross bike that's too small for me. I wanna sell it and grab one-a these frames. Be sure to report on the ride as soon as you feel you can too. I can't remember, is there room for a Reba on these? Mines got an adjustable floodgate, so the knob sticks up high...

· And He was Not
1,686 Posts
~martini~ said:
What size is that?
I can't remember, is there room for a Reba on these? Mines got an adjustable floodgate, so the knob sticks up high...
Doesn't come close to clearing. :madmax: I got the manual lockout with the BIG Ventanna crown race (7mm) it it still just nicks the tab on the lever. I took a file to the tab and took the corner off so it just barely clears now. Here is a picture of the tab , it is from another bike, but you get the idea.

Attachments

· Suffering Mightily
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rode the bike today...

...and it rides great. It feels alot like my KM. I was surprised how little I shifted today---been riding SS exclusively for three years now, but when I did shift, the Paul/ Dura Ace shifters were flawless. If anybody out there is running one of these geared, please let me know what front der. you are using. The cable is awful close to the 2.3 Exiwolf. The der. prescribed by Jenson USA would not work at all. My LBS happened to have this older LX derailleur. Anyway, I like the bike and for the $$, I highly recommend it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.