Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved back to New York from Japan and I'm looking for people to ride with, show me the area trails, and travel to the best riding spots with. I hear you can take a ferry from Manhattan to New Jersey and there are some good spots, so there's an idea. If you don't know where to ride, contact me anyway and we'll figure it out.

In any case, if anybody is interested in riding and showing me the area's best trails then send me an e-mail. Otherwise, I have to consider buying a -- hate to say it -- road bike.

[email protected]

I'm a busty female nympho aerobics instructor who wears a thong when she rides by the way.

Just kidding! -- I'm a guy, general issue (though I don't care if the people I ride with are fat, slow, pro racers, ride K-Mart specials, put me to shame with their technical riding skills, male, female, gay, animal, vegetable or mineral).

Let's ride!

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Queens in da house, yo!

Welcome! There's a sad lack of singletrack in Queens, but it's still fun to ride around here on a mtn bike. Astoria Park has about 1/8 mile of singletrack that cuts through the lawn, but the rest is paved.

Check out www.visionmtb.com and www.wmba.org for more local info. Lucky for you, there are some sweeeeet trails accesible by train in Westchester.

By car, you can hit the trails on Long Island like Stillwell, Rocky Point, Cathedral Pines, Bethpage State Park, the Greenbelt trail, Calverton, Hither Hills......and a few others.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rumble in Trumbull

If the weather cooperates we are planning on going to Trumbull this weekend. So far though, looks like it may be a washout. Alas, another weekend spent on the trainer. (sigh)....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts