Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished building the Yeti ARC.

Full Sram XX
Rock Shox SID XX World Cup
Ritchey Carbon bar, stem, seatpost
Fizik Antares Saddle
Crank Bros Eggbeater Quad Ti Pedals
Chris King Ti Cages
Edge Carbon Wheels (DT Swiss 190 hubs/28 spokes front and rear)
Specialized S-Works Renegade Tubeless Tires

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the Sram XX group thus far. I've only had the bike for a week or so, but have raced a couple of town series races on it, and I've never been on a bike that climbs so well.

I'm racing the Mountain States Cup short track here in Snowmass tomorrow, then the XC on Sunday. Shaved five and half minutes off my personal best on the course in our town series race earlier this week - not sure whether it's me being in better shape or the bike - more than likely a little of both.

The ease of going from the little ring to the big ring amazes me every time I shift. I was an XO guy previous to XX, and it is WAY better than XO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Buddy on my team (Yeti-sponsored) is building a very similar one right now. Full Sram XX, but I think he'd building with Stans Race 29er wheels. Just as light, not quite as bling...should be awesome though. I'll post images as soon as he finishes it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, I'm a fan of the Ritchey parts...might still swap the current bar for a flat version. XX is awesome, and it's incredible how well it works - even shifts under full load. Also had the fork/steerer tube cut down yesterday now that it's dialed, and looks a lot better.

Next up - Yeti ARC-X with Sram Red/XX mix...and EDGE composites components. Should be sweet.

·
Registered
646 Posts
29ers

mtncampbell said:
Buddy on my team (Yeti-sponsored) is building a very similar one right now. Full Sram XX, but I think he'd building with Stans Race 29er wheels. Just as light, not quite as bling...should be awesome though. I'll post images as soon as he finishes it.
He's gonna run 29ers on the arc , is that possible... kool if so

Whats the weight of your arc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.