Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here. I ride mostly XC in the Placitas area. Wondered if anyone is planning to ride this weekend. I have the next four days off work but family commitments prohibit an all day affair. Hoping for a 2 hour or so ride somewhere in the ABQ/Placitas/E. Mountain area.

·
Registered
439 Posts
sscage said:
This is my first post here. I ride mostly XC in the Placitas area. Wondered if anyone is planning to ride this weekend. I have the next four days off work but family commitments prohibit an all day affair. Hoping for a 2 hour or so ride somewhere in the ABQ/Placitas/E. Mountain area.
I live right accorss from that placitas parking area. I can ride tomorrow or sunday.
Leo

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sounds Good

I could prolly pull off a Red Mesa ride on Sunday. I have never ridden there though.We are heading down that way anyway for a family thing, so that might work well. Anyone have directions? Coming from Santa Fe. I guess you take 550? Anyone else from Santa Fe thinking about it?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Anyone who is interested meet at the Bernalillo park and ride at 10:00am.

We can caravan/carpool from there.

Make sure and bring spare tubes as cactus and sharp rocks are everywhere.

See you then.

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
I could prolly pull off a Red Mesa ride on Sunday. I have never ridden there though.We are heading down that way anyway for a family thing, so that might work well. Anyone have directions? Coming from Santa Fe. I guess you take 550? Anyone else from Santa Fe thinking about it?
man..you have no mercy..I couldn't have been more than 5 minutes late yesterday...

Still had a great ride though, I hope that yours was just as nice....

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
You referring to me? I didn't leave the parking lot on Cerro Gordo till after 10 AM. I was talking with someone i knew. :(
that sucks.. in the parking lot, I ran into a couple with a dog nad they said that they had just passed a guy on a GF a few minutes ago, near intersection 26 (I think)..I headed up and saw fresh tire tracks and started chasing like a mofo...near the northern edge of the central loop, another couple said that I was the first cyclist they had seen so far, so I thought that we had missed each other in one of the loops. I rode the first part of the north loop in reverse, didn't see you so I just resigned to ride solo. did two loops (central and north) and played with that hard climb from Upper Canyon into the south dale bsall area (I don't know that area very well, I've just chased glenzx through there a few times)..

·
Basura Blanca
1,796 Posts
And here I was feeling guilty that I didn't invite Sportsman for our Dale Ball ride yesterday. Jim Beam, Red Rick and I started at noon and hit DB South (nice!) before doing the usual DB stuff. Guess we were a a couple hours behind you all. Good times! But no New Years Day ride for me at Red Mesa. Might be riding at the ski area, just so I can say that I've done so on Jan. 1st.
- Joe

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
So it's coming up on 3am and I'm still considering making it. What is up with sweetleafs avatar? GW?Manson? One in the same? Riiiiight.

Hope to see ya'll there.

Happy New Year!!!!!

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
was riding on the rigid IF. did you park right off Cerro Gordo by upper canyon at that parking lot? Did you see a cream 240 Volvo wagon? Yeaa that stuff on the south side is much fun.
Happy New Year to everyone here in New Mex!
naw, I parked down in town, which is what made me late. I misunderestimated the time required to get to the lot. I think that I saw a volvo, but I oculdn't remember what you drove so I wasn't paying attention. Besides, my vision was all red from hammering too much too early. Of course, with my current fitness, that's only a little tack hammer...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts