Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the recent rain, I decided to go for a New Year's ride - as it has been a tradition of mine for some time now.

Well, yesterday's ride in the morning went fine due to the small amount of rain we had. Terrain was perfect, dirt was tacky, temperatures were cool. Overall a great time.

Today's ride - different story. I probably shouldn't have gone at all for the trails sake, as the rains from yesterday afternoon immersed the dirt and turned it into pudding. The clay in the soil was crazy and left me out of control on mutliple occasions. Overall, it was a great time and the prospect of some green in the future helped to curb the pain of the knowledge that the trails will be out of service for a while here once the rain hits.

The Monkey enjoyed itself and is shown in its post stream-wash state.

Hope you all have a happy New Years.

-Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Rain foiled my plans for New Year's day ride :(
The mud looks good on that brown.

Where trail did you ride?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks, I thought the two colors would be quite complementary when I got her.

I just rode some local singletrack a few miles out from my driveway in the Valencia/Castaic area. Close enough for a daily run in the morning or at lunch.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
I too rode today...probably the most fun i have had in 6 months. rode twice today actually. once at a local singletrack (los robles/rosewood) before the rain. then at 2 o'clock met some single speeding buddies (1 geared rider) out by sullivan canyon. rode up a super fun single track (caballero cyn) which was super fun, but hard due to the rain. screamed down what i think is called broken arrow singletrack and flew back down caballero to the cars. i had forgot how much fun it is to ride when it is wet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts