Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone doing the last ride of 2005? I think I'm going to SoMo tomorrow morning, unless there is a group riding somewhere else. I think an epic ride is in order to welcome the new year!

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Hawes Loops...

Silver_Slug, McShred, and I are meeting @ Walgreens @ 7:45. A little Twisted Sister, Mine, and ??? are in the mix.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Would love to ride tomorrow, Hawes sounds great, but have to work. :mad: Next week off mon-tue-wed if any are up for a ride then.

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
ingluis said:
Where is everyone doing the last ride of 2005? I think I'm going to SoMo tomorrow morning, unless there is a group riding somewhere else. I think an epic ride is in order to welcome the new year!
I came down with a sinus infection :( so it looks like the soonest I will ride again is Monday if I am feeling better :confused: .

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Did my last ride of the year with cycljunkie (Jim) and Crash_FLMB (Rodney) at SoMo - DC, Secret Trail, DC, Springs Loop (Dagobah) and back via DC and the Flats. Jim and I SS'd and nursed Rodney along on his gears as he is recovering from a nasty cold.

A pleasant day, with lots of riders, runners and hikers out on the trails. Nice way to end the year.

Happy New Year!

waltaz

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
My last ride was yesterday, short DC-tele but it was fun. Probably going out for the first ride of the New Year tomorow around whenever I decide to get up, then doing DC and Tele. Perhaps I may get crazy and attempt National, or Mormon. Most likely I will go from the top of Tele down DC to the heli pad, follow those trails down parrallel to DC, then get back on DC and end up at SMC and ask them nicely to adjust my speedometer if they may. Wireless and all, too confusing for my blood.

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
waltaz said:
Did my last ride of the year with cycljunkie (Jim) and Crash_FLMB (Rodney) at SoMo - DC, Secret Trail, DC, Springs Loop (Dagobah) and back via DC and the Flats. Jim and I SS'd and nursed Rodney along on his gears as he is recovering from a nasty cold.

A pleasant day, with lots of riders, runners and hikers out on the trails. Nice way to end the year.

Happy New Year!

waltaz
I think we may have crossed paths. FastrThnU and I did a DC ride this morning (Thanks Richard!)

Happy New Year to all!
Now back to Tampa, FL tomorrow morning (nothing like being hungover on a plane :D )

·
Registered
546 Posts
waltaz said:

Happy New Year!

waltaz
I keep hearing about the "Swamp" or "Dagobah" trail, any map that shows that? Tried to search, but only came up with the standard SoMo stuff. :confused:

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
dirtluvraz said:
I keep hearing about the "Swamp" or "Dagobah" trail, any map that shows that? Tried to search, but only came up with the standard SoMo stuff. :confused:
I call it the Springs Loop and you get to it from the saddle that is south of DC from which you start the Highline climb up to the helicopter pad. Highline runs parallel to and south of DC from that saddle to the pad. Anyways, from that saddle, go south down the hill and you'll intersect the loop. Go right, then follow the trail counter-clockwise, always going left at junctions, until you return to where you joined it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
waltaz said:
I call it the Springs Loop and you get to it from the saddle that is south of DC from which you start the Highline climb up to the helicopter pad. Highline runs parallel to and south of DC from that saddle to the pad. Anyways, from that saddle, go south down the hill and you'll intersect the loop. Go right, then follow the trail counter-clockwise, always going left at junctions, until you return to where you joined it.
Thanks, I saw the directions you posted for the parking area you use. Unfortunately Dobson High is out till Wed, but anyone up for Wed there? PM me, we can get lost together!

·
I need to ride more.
150 Posts
dirtluvraz said:
Ingluis and I checked out Dagobah Saturday morning. It was the wettest I've seen it...weird considering no rain for 2 months. There was clear flowing water for about 30 yards along the trail.

Here's a map I made using my GPS and Google Earth. (That Corral Trailhead pin is in the wrong place by the way, it should be the next trail over to the right heading up the ridgeline).

Attachments

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
The greenish trail, from near Tele to past Bench, to Warpaint, is that not DC? Ive always biked that part out and back (sometimes taking the roads back) and always called it DC! Have I been mistaken all this time? Is the "bench" that one part of DC where you climb this hill (coming from tele) and at the top is a rock bench, and from there on out its all easy, smooth XC with a downhill grade?

That picture helped me more than I think anything else has as far as trails and names. Most maps aren't in that 3D aspect. I can actually see my house in that picture!

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
en are es said:
The greenish trail, from near Tele to past Bench, to Warpaint, is that not DC? Ive always biked that part out and back (sometimes taking the roads back) and always called it DC! Have I been mistaken all this time? Is the "bench" that one part of DC where you climb this hill (coming from tele) and at the top is a rock bench, and from there on out its all easy, smooth XC with a downhill grade?

That picture helped me more than I think anything else has as far as trails and names. Most maps aren't in that 3D aspect. I can actually see my house in that picture!
The greenish trail is DC until it breaks off to Warpaint. DC continues east and is blue-ish in the picture.

I agree that this is an excellent map.

·
I need to ride more.
150 Posts
en are es said:

The "Bench" is just that Rock bench.

I've been thinking about working on my maps some more, I have a ton of trails mapped, just need to finish combining them all, and getting the placemarks right.

Richard

·
I need to ride more.
150 Posts
El profeta ***** said:
Nice map!

Got one of the North side SoMo?
I've been putting off posting most of my maps because I don't have all the trails done yet. I'll see if I can finish up the last few sections of trails and post one.

If anyone has any gps files, that might help. PM me if interested. I can probably work with any format, there are a lot of converters out there.

Richard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts