Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Jay and I could not pass up a Rock Garden Assault on New Year's Eve. Especially since we had 70mph winds yesterday with 50 deg. temps. This produced summer time trail conditions. The only problem was it was 20 degrees this morning. We got out to the trail around 7:30am. Amazing, no one else was there, had the whole place to ourselves.:confused:

It took about 15 minutes of riding to get fully warmed up, but once we hit the Rock Garden, things were good. Took a few shots here and there. Last ride of the year. :thumbsup:

As an aside, I just converted to Stan's due to a horrible rash of flats. (picking up a bunch of baby heads did not help) I read alot of reviews for Stan's, and was impressed that most said that they could really feel how much better the bike accelerated after the conversion. I have to agree after a few rides, my bike now climbs like a Highline:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S TO ALL!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Very nice pics - weather here in NJ is annoying - all the snow disappeared enough for a great ride yesterday and then we wake up to more of the bloody white stuff....winter riding has been limited compared to last years Christmas / New Year break.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nice pics for the last ride of the year. I did my last ride of the year last night w/ lights. I was to lazey to take pics. My local trail was in the greatest shape in a while. Looks like your trails are in great shape too. Keep em comin.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Renegade said:
I must of just missed you guys; I got there about ten o'clock. The warm air blew in about an hour later. I too had the whole place to myself. Man, it feels good to ride.
Where yrr ride pix Rene common been awhile since we seen some Rene and Green Lanteen action buddy :p give us some stokeage :thumbsup:

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Renegade said:
I must of just missed you guys; I got there about ten o'clock. The warm air blew in about an hour later. I too had the whole place to myself. Man, it feels good to ride.
Sorry we missed you Rene. There was some yahoo on an Orange Yeti gearing up when we got done, you may have seen him.

But my 10am, we already had downed breakfast from Qdoda.

Maybe next time.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mtbjc280 said:
You forgot to mention that it was a dehydration ride, as our camelbac's froze. Not sure what we can do about that except put a few shots of vodka in it next time.
Yes, we need to work on an "anti-freeze" formulation for the packs.:thumbsup:

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
I saw the orange yeti guy when I finally got brave enough to leave the warmth of my car about 10:50, he was finishing up.
TA, I didn't bring my camera crew with me, so sorry, no pics.
Sworks, do you ever go for a ride at a reasonable time of the day? :D

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Renegade said:
I saw the orange yeti guy when I finally got brave enough to leave the warmth of my car about 10:50, he was finishing up.
Slacker, should be with you at all times, phones are left at home with the wives dogs and camera's are taken on the trails :D

That's the best time to ride early or late,early is best, hos Joes to wake you up so ya know ya alive then hit the trails :p ya getting old HTFU :p
p u s s y you need a dog and a Highline :p

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Renegade said:
Yes. I have select weekdays off. And can get away just about anytime. It's when the family and wife are off for the Holiday's, and weekends that we do these dawn patrol rides. That way I don't miss family time. We should arrange a "Renegade" hours ride. Maybe Steve can join us too.

Edit: I forgot. For Steve to join us, it will have to be dry and above 60 degrees:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.